Lock-down timer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock-down timer?

Can anyone explain what this does? Is it basically a stalemate timer? If the 'frontline' doesn't move for that amount of time, then the team with more territory wins?

Re: Lock-down timer?

Yeah pretty much. Personally I find it damned frustrating, and would rather play out the entire round.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
      Yeah pretty much. Personally I find it damned frustrating, and would rather play out the entire round.
      Agreed - it seemed to have us rushing [read: dying and losing] a lot... maybe it'd make more sense once people get a better grasp on everything.

Comment

Yeah, I think that's what it's for as well.

Sometimes I find it frustrating, like when your team just refuses to be motivated to cap objectives. But, in that case, it's actually a blessing as it ends the non-teamwork hell that is that round.

On the positive side, I think it would work well for TG because it gives you (me at least) a sense of urgency to advance.. Not just sit back with your bolt action rifle and snipe. In other words, it forces a player to concentrate on the objectives. Just my opinion, of course.

sigpic

Comment

The game is great. Sure it needs work, but I like it. It needs to be a little bit more hardcore regards sway and things, and for the most part I like it. I don't like lockdown, and I don't like the inability of a SL to kick people from squads. I would like proper control of a squad. I know you can vote, but still. I also hate one life mode. It might grow on me, but at the minute when we are learning the game and learning the maps, I hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
            I also hate one life mode. It might grow on me, but at the minute when we are learning the game and learning the maps, I hate it.
            I agree. I'm actually enjoying firefight the most - it's been so long since I last played a decent TDM game, RO2 is just the ticket.
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

The only issue I have with the lockdown timer is that it doesn't go into over-time if you're capturing. (In fact, there never is any over-time, even if you're in a cap zone :/)

Comment

I don't mind the one with the waves of reinforcements every 20 seconds, it makes you value your life a little bit more. I find fire fight frustrating because you spawn with friendlies no matter where they are, even if 10 metres from an enemy MG.....

Comment

We're looking into adjusting the lockdown timer.

In RO1 there was a serious issue with people just not playing the objective. The Lockdown timer does force the offensive team to actually push, but IMO it's too short in it's current form.
                  Skud

Comment

Agreed a little bit too short. But I like the game mode, it's a break from the norm and hopefully will be in the rotation at release.
                    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

I think the lockdown is great and saves us many tedious rounds where it is clear whos winning quite early. Mind you it IS only on the first flag, and only in push/defend sort of map where one team starts with all the flags.

I personally have no desire at all to do 300 tickets worth of fighting in a total stalemate, where usually one team is dominating the other because it is stacked or some other reason. My God it would have been a great feature for some of the bf2 stalemates, or pr ones, or any game really.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X