Another chance for TG to shine!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another chance for TG to shine!

Well everyone here we go again again. RO will be the second game at TG I attended at start up. The first was 2142 right after I cut my teeth on BF2 and LOW. I think what made 2142 so popular and successful will apply here in RO as well,...US TGers! When I first encountered TG, I was blown away by the team work and the willingness to help out newbies like me. I tried to extend that same camaraderie to 2142, and feel the attempt was pretty successful.

Now with RO we have an opportunity to shine as a community again. I noticed that our server in beta was populated by pubbies very quickly from 0 to 40 in the space of a round or two. We should be inviting these people to TG forums, pointing out Teamspeak, and now with a working VOIP, begin their indoctrination into the only gaming community that counts, TG! *pause for patriotic music and roaring applause*

It is never to early to make "Learn TG" squads. The mechanics may be different but. When have we ever let engineers get in the way of victory ( bad pun I know) ;) Our admin team has always been supportive of the TG way of life and is ready to support with boots to the posterior for those who just don't get it. We may not have total control over squad details right now, but with a little tweaking, Im sure we can come up with something.

Let's start brainstorming troops!

PS, yes I can't wait for release which is why I am typing on a 2" phone at 4am...dedication man!

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Re: Another chance for TG to shine!

I concur. I also hope squad VoIP is working tonight from the get go!

There is also a blank page when you first connect to the server where we should put the TG URL. I've been on several servers that fill the entire page with rules and whatnot, but in my opinion this screen should be rather short and simple.

Just direct them to the website for rules, and maybe an image of dog tags or something. Not overly complicated or "busy".

Comment

I'm currently writing up a brief guide for non-RO players on how RO2 works for the 16th. Once I've got it as I like, maybe I'll see if it has enough detail to stand as a TGU course. Would look good on the title activity wise if RO2 class completions started showing up in that forum.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Agreed. Learn TG squads and TGU courses are great ideas and should be implemented ASAP. As far as the rules page goes, a couple of rules I would like to see are 1. Teamwork is REQUIRED, lonewolfs will be kicked. and 2. VoIP works, use it! (assuming that all voip channels work, of course)

Another thing that can be done to promote the game within TG is Ribbons nominations. If you see exemplary valor on the field of battle, get a nomination in.

sigpic

Comment

Agreed. Learn TG squads and TGU courses are great ideas and should be implemented ASAP. As far as the rules page goes, a couple of rules I would like to see are 1. Teamwork is REQUIRED, lonewolfs will be kicked. and 2. VoIP works, use it! (assuming that all voip channels work, of course)

Another thing that can be done to promote the game within TG is Ribbons nominations. If you see exemplary valor on the field of battle, get a nomination in.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post

Double post???

I assumed (shame on me, I know better) that the title page would eventually be filled with the TG rules, similar to the banner on 2142 or any other TG title. Nice to see people on top of it!

Side note, are we running any custom scripts Damonte(I know it is not necessary, but similar to the squad less kick script in 2142)?

Comment

Meh.. I think that is only my 2nd double-post. Apologies!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                Meh.. I think that is only my 2nd double-post. Apologies!
                3.14597 times, but who's counting :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...