Single player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single player

Well for anyone who hasn't, I would actually really recommend playing single player. Now, don't get me wrong, it sucks, it is just multiplayer with really bad AI (when you die, you take control of another teammate already in battle and its not uncommon for them to be running away from the objective, or just standing in the middle of the street, or the LMGs deployed inside a building facing a wall.)

Now, the reason I do recommend playing it is for the tutorials. It gives you pretty good tutorial on the squad leader controls and missions let you practice it a bit. It has shown me a lot, and explained pretty much everything you need to know to get started. Looking forward to trying it in game, with real players.

Re: Single player

I played the campaign up through the second map after the SL tutrorial and it's enjoyable. For me it's been good for the time in the evening when I need to pause a lot due to cooking and kids etc. Plus the cinematics between missions are done well and I think really get across the feeling of what the soldiers were thinking and feeling at the time.

Comment

+1 to Hellswater

The tutorial bit of the single-player is well worth the 30 min of your time. Even if you've played the beta and think you are familiar with all the controls, you might learn something and you'll have a bit of time to practice (cause its not like you really have to worry about the AI shooting you :P )

Comment

Agree, I could not get into a low ping server yesterday so I went and done SP for a while, was useful for the more advanced controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellswaters View Post
          Now, the reason I do recommend playing it is for the tutorials. It gives you pretty good tutorial on the squad leader controls and missions let you practice it a bit. It has shown me a lot, and explained pretty much everything you need to know to get started.
          BUMP!

The single player is a great way to learn the layout of the maps (though they are sometimes played differently than in MP), and all the different esoteric commands. You get to handle all the weapons, call artillery, call in the recon plane, designate different rally points for various fireteams, etc. etc. Of course it's not as thrilling as playing multiplayer, but I found the tutorials to come in very handy...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X