Supporting member support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporting member support?

Any word on whether we will be getting an automated implementation of this similar to what we have for many of the other main titles?

The current mechanism is to track down an admin, correct?

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Re: Supporting member support?

Correct. The current mechanism is to track down an admin. There hasn't been any official management tool for reserved slots released by Tripwire as of yet. We'll wait and see what happens. We may end up having to tear apart the web admin tool to see how it works.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Before tearing it apart I would suggest asking tripwire if they can just tell you :p.

For now I don't see SM kick as a necessary priority (not that it isn't due).

I think our key tasks ahead if we want this game to work is improving teamwork communication, and server population.

*@ Damonte
      Can you confirm what I heard that in order for a server to be ranked you have to put it on 4 players needed before you can start a game? Thing is the server is hell to seed right now. I have no problem hopping in an empty server and running around a bit alone or with whoever joins testing stuff, setting up gentleman's low pop games. But no one will sit and stare at a ready screen hoping that two others will connect to also look at the ready screen waiting for a fourth.
      If there is no other way off curse that is it, at least for now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
        I think our key tasks ahead if we want this game to work is improving teamwork communication, and server population.
        Server population? Hmm. I'm just starting out on playing RO2 but every time I've tried to join the server it has been full. Maybe I've just been unlucky or need to play more. ;)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

It is empty at euro times I think is what Al is getting at.

Comment

Yup, it is full around maybe 1 to 2 am for me (GMT+1, about six hours ahead of most of the us), for a few hours, then it dies. At least that is what I have seen happen. I'm yet to see the server populated for more than +- a quarter of the day. The seeding issue is a big part of this I think. Once you get the server going pubbies will fill it quickly.

Secondly, by building population I also mean building a base of pubbies that prefer to play on your server rather than others.

Comment

I also think we'll start building a good player-base once VOIP gets fixed, and then we can show them how to play the TG way. If they don't like it, that's cool and there is the door, but there will be lots that will.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X