• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 21st Update Released

- Fixed a bug where all sound would sometimes cut out when the map changes
    - Various crash fixes for server and client
    - Client performance optimizations
    - Single Player Fix - fixed "double music" playing when loading the game from a checkpoint
    - Added the ability to enable webadmin through the commandline. This will allow you to override what is in the ini files, thus fixing up any issues with inis getting overwritten by updates. To enable webadmin via the commandline add EnableWebAdmin=True to the "?" separated commandline parameters. To set the webadmin port add WebAdminPort= to the "?" separated commandline parameters.

As a heads up, we are continuing to work on the following:
    - VOIP
    - Stats
    - Crashes
    - Optimization
    Oh, please work on the squad system as well TWI.

Re: September 21st Update Released

Nice changelog!

I'm also glad to see that 3 of the 4 things TWI is working on are important. It's so refreshing to see updates coming out so often and that TWI (for the most part) is focusing on fixing the game, instead of ignoring us or trying to sell us something else.

sigpic

Comment

Damonte has just informed me, that the server has been updated. :)

Comment

VOIP is on the top of their to do list? Good. :)
        Skud

Comment

The sound fix during map changes was rolled back due to FPS lost on some systems. This would be the second time they had to roll back part of a patch due to performance issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
            VOIP is on the top of their to do list? Good. :)
            This is a pretty big deal. I don't know how many times tonight I saw the "icon" that someone was speaking (including many non-TGers!) and could make out:

"Moving...*garble*...they!! *garble* two enemies... *garble* we need to... *garble* flanking now...*garble*"

I guess for now we should split up into the Axis/Allies channels in TS, but it's frustrating seeing people obviously wanting to be team players but not being able to make out 10% of what they're trying to say...

Comment

I agree with you guys, glad VOIP is near the top. I hope however that the Squad system gets worked on as well, and so does weapon sway etc. As it stands sway does not exist and it is FAR to easy. In RO1 (a game I must admit to having played too little of) the sway was very real and your movement HUGELY affected it, and I liked that.

EDIT: TrackIR support. Give me that, like it was hinted at before release, and I will love TWI for a long time!

Comment

Very encouraging update, this is the first they have said about voip since releae. It is also the first time they recognize it's faults. Nice to see they picked that up, because their forum is full of "im so angry I bought your crappy game to bridge the gap between now and BF3 coming out". It is actually really bad on their forum, poor guys. They are taking a lot of crap from very vocal kids that seem to have no patience (adhd :p).

Come to think of it, perhaps gamedesign in general these days is strongly influenced by the prevalence of ADHD in young people. After all the customer is always right :p.

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post
                  This is a pretty big deal. I don't know how many times tonight I saw the "icon" that someone was speaking (including many non-TGers!) and could make out:

"Moving...*garble*...they!! *garble* two enemies... *garble* we need to... *garble* flanking now...*garble*"

I guess for now we should split up into the Axis/Allies channels in TS, but it's frustrating seeing people obviously wanting to be team players but not being able to make out 10% of what they're trying to say...
                  Seconded. Until Tripwire can sort out the VOIP issues I'm going to stick with proper team channel in TS.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X