Stat/Achievement reset coming + State of the game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat/Achievement reset coming + State of the game

Quoted from the official RO2 Steam group.

Stats Reset Coming
    posted by [TW]Yoshiro @ 07:51PM on October 03, 2011
    So we planned on putting this press release out as soon as we put out the update that fixed the stats. But since the achievement "In B4 Reset" found its way into to public already, I'll go ahead and post this up here now so you guys know what is coming up. You'll likely see a modified version of this press release come out in the next few days when we release the update. And this is the current plan, but things can always change, so if something changes please don't come back later and go "but you guys promised you were going to do X" We don't promise, we let you know what the current plans/ideas are, but those can always change!

Red Orchestra 2 - The State of the Game

By most business measures Red Orchestra 2 has been a smashing success for Tripwire Interactive. Within 2 days of the launch of Red Orchestra 2 it had surpassed the lifetime revenue of the original Red Orchestra that has been selling for over 5 years. The pre-sales and launch week sales of the game broke all company records even beating out our hit game Killing Floor by a three times margin. And Red Orchestra 2 has quickly established itself as one of the most played games on Steam. But for all of this success we've not done as well as we would have liked in the most important area to us - the happiness of all of our customers. To put it bluntly the game had a rough launch. We've been working diligently since launch to get these issues sorted and have made great progress fixing issues with matchmaking, VOIP, and stability as well as improving performance. The final major area that we've been working on is stats, player progression, and ranking.

We believe we have all of the major issues worked out with the stats system and are rolling out an update soon that should address these issues. Due to the problems with stats and players either earning stats and achievements that they didn't actually earn or earning stats at many times the intended rate we are going to have to do a global reset of all stats for the game. This means all achievements, stats and player progression will be rolled back as if all players were new. This was not an easy decision for us to make, but one we felt we needed to do to preserve the integrity of the stats and ranking system, and to provide all of the players the best experience with the game over the long term. Knowing that there are people that have been playing the game for a few weeks now and will lose the stats for that time we are going to provide a special bonus to all players. For a limited time all players will earn double experience in Red Orchestra 2. Additionally, we going to give all players that own the game before the reset a special achievement called "In B4 Reset". Right now this is just an achievement, but we're going to be looking at ways to give special rewards to the players that have this achievement in the future.

Thank you to all of the players that have made Red Orchestra 2 a hit so far. We've got a lot of exciting things in store with free content coming for the game so stay tuned for news on that.

Everyone get's a fresh start, plus a bonus. Wish they wouldn't reset those SP achievements, I don't feel like playing with the AI again, lol.

Re: Stat/Achievement reset coming + State of the game

Shame, I like the fact that my guy is highly ranked, but I guess if everyone gets wiped it's fair enough.

Comment

I don't mind. At least VOIP works and works well.

Tripwire seems to have been busting their humps to actually give gamers what they want.

Unlike a certain Swedish developer that has been steadily sliding backwards since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post

Tripwire seems to have been busting their humps to actually give gamers what they want.

Unlike a certain Swedish developer that has been steadily sliding backwards since 2007.
        Agreed. Since we've only been ranked for a week or so now, my stats are not very high. I just reached Honor Level 38, but still do not have any unlocks for any of my weapons yet. It takes quite awhile with one weapon to get unlocks for it. At least they'll be doing double XP once the reset hits.

Comment

God! I love these guys!

I have no problem with them resetting the stats. I hardly ever looked at them and when I did, they weren't really my stats anyways. I'm glad they are still working on performance. Pretty soon I'll have everything on Ultra settings instead of most. How's everyone else's performance? I've been getting 40-60 FPS lately with shadows and foliage on medium, AO and Motion Blur off, everything else as high as it will go, @ 1920x1080.

I'd like to paraphrase a comment made by Al that really encapsulates my thoughts:

"Tripwire makes the big game companies look like pick-pocketing clowns."

I agree.

p.s. I can't, for the life of me, find the post with that comment. So, no linky.
          Last edited by Mindkill; 10-03-2011, 09:30 PM. Reason: A few ninja's made me do it.

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic......Finally a developer that I can put my trust into!!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I love tripwire so much. They may not have gotten it right on release but they have done an amazing job fixing it since. I really don't understand why we give Dice a front page article and not these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by tralicrifleman View Post
                I love tripwire so much. They may not have gotten it right on release but they have done an amazing job fixing it since. I really don't understand why we give Dice a front page article and not these guys.
                We're working on that. Stay tuned. ;)

Comment

I never played any game for the achievements nor unlocks, so a reset is no skin off my back especially if it improves the game! Bring it on baby!

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                    Wish they wouldn't reset those SP achievements, I don't feel like playing with the AI again, lol.
                    Yeah, I literally just finished the German campaign Sunday night. I think I'll go ahead...and not reinvent that wheel after the reset...

As far as multiplayer goes, I think the weapons are lethal from the beginning, so I'm not going to shed any tears over losing my Ppsh drum mag or anything.

I am looking forward to becoming "grizzled" as a veteran, however! Haven't really noticed a change in my (or anyone's) appearance thus far.

Mindkill: BigGayAl's comments are in the last section of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post

+1

Based on everything I've heard from the BF3 beta so far it sounds like it is going to be a disappointment. How can the company that invented BF2 slide so far in the wrong direction?

We don't need no stinkin' stats. Rock on Tripwire. :)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post
                        Thanks!

sigpic

Comment

I knew Tripwire would come through! So glad too...played BF3 beta for 10 min and said no mas. What a waste of a trillion dollars in development.

Comment

Sounds good! I'm also glad to hear that it's been such a good success for them financially. Hope this will lead to more great stuff from Tripwire.

Comment

Given what happened with stats, probable the best move they could have made.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X