Figure Stuff Out Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Figure Stuff Out Night

The RO2 admin team has been kicking the idea around of passwording the server one night to allow us some uninterrupted time. The reason? Well, to figure stuff out! Kind of like what Coridon writes about in his AAR thread except, we won't have to worry about any guest players. We are looking to have this event on either Oct. 23rd (Sunday) or 24th (Monday), around 8 or 9 PM EST.

Some of the things we had wanted to figure out are: the spawn dynamic with the SL and MG, and if there is ticket bleed and how it works.

Anyone out there interested? Post and let us know which day and time is best for you. Also, feel free to post up any ideas of stuff you'd like to test and figure out.

sigpic

Re: Figure Stuff Out Night

I'm not around so much these days, but there's no particular day that's better or worse for me, other than saturday nights, which are always out for me. If I'm around, I'll jump on and help :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

It looks like I might be busy this Sunday evening, plus that is usually one of our more "populated" nights as far as regulars showing up early and staying late.

So my vote is for Monday!

Yeah, we had some nice games Friday but the "spawn on SL" is frustrating because there are definitely times it should work and doesn't. It also seems that the spawn radius is dynamic, in that I've spawned very far away from my SL, and other times very close. But mostly it seems you cannot spawn on SL period. Really interested to see if there are "hotspots" on the map for SL to be where the squad has a very high rate of successfully spawning on him...

Also would like to test banisters more. I think they definitely deflect bullets (I'm looking at you, staircases and handrails all over B at Station!).

I wouldn't mind trying to find weakspots on armor, too, but this might be a bit more time consuming than we want to spend...

Comment

Monday looks like a go. I especially want to see commander SL interaction menus, spawn problems, and widgeys.

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by experiment626 View Post
          I especially want...widgeys.
          So, you're requesting a wedgie, eh? Not sure if that requires us to lock and password the server, but if the man wants privacy...

Comment

I'd like to test out what counts as soft or hard cover for getting shot through. Especially as it pertains to SMG/pistol rounds vs. rifle/mg rounds, or whether that is even a factor.

I'd like to know about arty also. Been killed by it huddled in the corner of the 2nd story in a four story bldg.

Comment

Ok, let's shoot for Monday at 9pm.

Server password will be tgfigure

sigpic

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

Just got this game - definitely would like to be there too and Monday does sound good :)

sigpic
                  |TG-69th|desant

Comment

So, we had 6 of us on last night, testing out a few things.

Bullet Penetration

Penetration is dependent upon what material you are attempting to shoot through and, to a lesser degree, the thickness of the material. For the most part, we tested with a pistol, SMG, semi-auto, and LMG. We found that metal and marble are your best bets to use as cover and that wood (dependent on thickness) is the worst. We also found that you can shoot in between the balusters on stairways but, if the bullet hits the hand rail or balusters there is a good chance that it will stop the round. We tested frag grenades a little as well. Grenade explosions generally do not penetrate walls.

There is still a lot of testing that could be done with bullet penetration.

Suppression System

The main thing we found with suppression is that it's pretty hit and miss. Generally, the distance that a bullet must be from a player to cause the suppression effect is very close. ie. The closer the better. The suppression effect was very hit-or-miss when firing at the cover a player is hiding behind. But, since the suppression effect only causes minor sway, the black-and-white color and some blur, it's not something that's all that useful.

Spawn on SL

Our test results on this were quite surprising. Evidently, the only thing that seemed to prevent a SM from spawning on the SL was location on the map. We found that the spawn would take place even if the SL was under direct enemy observation, the spawn point was under direct enemy observation, in an enemy cap zone, in a contested cap zone, and even if suppressed. If, however, an SM tried to spawn on the SL while in the Jan 9th Square in Pavlov's House, it would fail. Even in the basement of that building.

I think to properly test the Spawn on SL function, we are going to need more testers.

Spotting

If you spot an enemy by using the "Spot Enemy" key, the spotted icon will be displayed on your teams Tactical View and you must be facing the direction of the spotted enemy to be able to see it. The spotted icon does not move with the enemy and only lasts for a handful of seconds.

Melee

From our testing, it would appear that attempting to melee an enemy while he is prone, can only be accomplished if the attacker is also prone. Even when both players are prone, it's difficult to actually land an attack. We also found that aiming for the enemy's head will generally one-shot them. It's also worth noting that a melee attack done without a bayonet can cause the enemy to bleed out. And, for our SL's and CO's out there: Melee with binoculars works.

Ticket Bleed

We found no evidence that there is any type of ticket bleed based on what capture points are held. Tickets are seemingly only removed on a players death.

Satchels

Most fully closed doors and garage doors can be blown up with a satchel charge. We also discovered that there are other non-important objects that can be blown.

Tank Armor

We really wanted to do some testing concerning the weak points of armor but, we did not have enough players on the server to get the tanks to spawn.

There is still a lot of testing and fact finding that could be done. If you have suggestions of something to test, post it here. If you've tested something, post your results here.

Hopefully the fervor of the BF3 launch dies down soon and allows us a larger pool of players to call upon for testing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                      Spawn on SL

Our test results on this were quite surprising. Evidently, the only thing that seemed to prevent a SM from spawning on the SL was location on the map. We found that the spawn would take place even if the SL was under direct enemy observation, the spawn point was under direct enemy observation, in an enemy cap zone, in a contested cap zone, and even if suppressed. If, however, an SM tried to spawn on the SL while in the Jan 9th Square in Pavlov's House, it would fail. Even in the basement of that building.
                      I think this is the most important information we gleaned from the testing.

To reiterate, everything TWI said about spawn on SL requirements is invalid. You can spawn when suppressed. Spawn when spotted. Spawn in a contested CP.

The reason you sometimes can't spawn on SL is because there are evidently "dead zones" on the maps, such as the building at 9th January Square (C) on Pavlov's House. So as a squad leader it's important to get feedback from your squadmembers as to whether or not they can spawn on you, and if they can, take a mental image of that location for the future.

BigGayAl, Axis, and I continued to play for a few hours after the testing ended, and we actually received several compliments from squad members for how we played, and how the SL moved around to ensure the squad could spawn on him. The highlight for me was on Spartanovka when a squad member (Atatron, I think was his name) told us "You are the first squad I've seen play this game properly" and of course Al gave him the TG sales pitch, ha! ;)

Comment

Thanks for the work guys. Sorry I could only be on for a short while. I presume the sl spawn dead zones move around as the current flags in play change, like three protected zones do. It would be interesting to map that stuff :)

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I don't think they move at all Balfa.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed