Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RO2 Info from TWI

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=71125

A good post by the head-honcho at Tripwire, letting all know his thoughts and the future of RO2. He does an honest assessment of the launch issues, but also explains what they plan for the future of RO2 a bit.

I've been drawn away from RO2 due to BF3. Though I am enjoying BF3 for now, I know my passion will wain soon and I'll be back in RO2 again. RO2 will by my 'go-to' game for years to come, just like RO hooked me from the first beta until RO2 came out.

Re: RO2 Info from TWI

Definitely a good read for those of us interested in RO2. Thanks for sharing, Makarov, and I hope to see you in Stalingrad soon!

Of particular note in the above linked post, is that TWI "will be shipping the full mod SDK soon". Giggity!

sigpic

Comment

poor Ramm, getting called out (again) for his lame little speeches.

my prediction...
      Nov 9 2011: Ramm "The reason people arent playing is because of the mw3 release. Not because ppl dont like ro2"

Comment

Originally posted by teratoma View Post
        poor Ramm, getting called out (again) for his lame little speeches.

my prediction...
        Nov 9 2011: Ramm "The reason people arent playing is because of the mw3 release. Not because ppl dont like ro2"
        That seems a little harsh. ;) His reasoning seems solid enough, especially when you look just at TG and how many people are playing BF3. That has to have some kind of impact. The final verdict however will be how the RO2 population grows over time and whether he is correct about that.

Personally I have some gameplay issues with RO2 which is why I have trouble making myself play it. Squad coordination IMO is far too difficult and even some of the game mechanics themselves aren't that intuitive. It's really a shame given that BF2 itself set the bar for so much of this years and years ago. Anyhow, my time is scarce and RO2 isn't winning its share of it and I'm not sure if that is going to change. I've been resisting BF3 since it should really be called BC3 but even I've been pulled in by the rest of my IHS to play it.

I don't mean to come across as being too negative but just giving the perspective of one gamer and IHS who was eagerly anticipating RO2 and has since moved on.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Personally, this will be my "go to" game for years. Shiny things will come and go but especially when mods, free DLC, and HUGE maps for this title are released I'll settle in for the long term...

I think TWI recognizes mistakes were made, but felt compelled to rush the release of the game before BF3 came out. I have complete faith they will fix the few remaining issues RO2 has and will learn from those mistakes for whatever game they develop next.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
            That seems a little harsh. ;) His reasoning seems solid enough, especially when you look just at TG and how many people are playing BF3. That has to have some kind of impact.
            Originally posted by Coridon View Post
            ... but felt compelled to rush the release of the game before BF3 came out.
            Thats the argument being put forth. If they had stayed more true to their niche roots then they wouldnt have seen (as large of) a drop off. No more than a racing sim, for example. But when they try and play with the big boys how can they then be surprised that the big boys win? First lose the core ro player base, and then lose the 'main streams' when big budget main stream games are released. A bad plan on two fronts.

Yes, RO2 in the long term may be great. Thanks to the efforts of TWI and modders.

But, it's a slap in the face to have TWI tell us, sorry we mislead you about the game, but it's cool, you can wait a year for it to be feature complete. And to have them dismissing it when people dig up posts of them confirming features, only to have those features not be in release.
            Think they'd be upset if they sold the game for bags of coin, only to open the bag and find the full amount not there. What do you think they'd say if the customers said "its cool, I will finish paying later".

for those of you that followed Mortal online, I think you'll understand my views on this.

Comment

on a simi unrelated note (but its 2am so I can do whats I [email protected]!) RO2 also made the mistake I see a lot of indies making: fence straddling. Trying to please two crowds. that always fails. also not defining realism. some people (think they) want absolute total realism. and others want just more weight to things, and immersion and things that 'feel right'. And by not defining which 'realism' they were going for, they again dissapointed two crowds. First you set rules, then you refer back to those rules when questions arise.

hey, have you guys heard this jay-z song, 99 problems? I just heard it today. Its really good. its like old school def jam. :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X