Countdown Night?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countdown Night?

I'd like to see what kind of interest there is for having a day where we switch the server over to the Countdown game mode and have at it. Low and slow, valuing your digital life, and all of that.

If you are unfamiliar with the Countdown game mode, it is explained in the Red Orchestra Review on the front page, under Game Modes. One noteworthy item that I forgot to add in the description of Countdown is: The attacking teams CO has the ability to call in two waves of reinforcements. This game mechanic really makes it vital for the defenders to play smart and stay alive.

Interested? Post up what day and time you'd like to see this happen.

sigpic

Re: Countdown Night?

I'm game, although I won't be able to play RO2 again until after Monday.

Comment

I don't think I've played this game mode yet but it definitely sounds interesting...

Looks like any night next week should be a "go" for me!

Comment

Im up for anything......game wise :-)

Sounds interesting as far as game modes go.

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Plato

Comment

I'd be up to trying the countdown mode out, I did at the start of RO2 and but haven't since. I've been on lately after 7pm EST.

Comment

I,m there........

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
            George S. Patton

Comment

I say we have RO2 Maniacal Monday Madness..!!!

Be there or be square!

Comment

Ready to rock with my new monitor which arrived today!

Comment

My replacement mouse showed up just in time for my monitor to expire. My life is starting to resemble an old Hee Haw song -

... if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all; gloom, despair and agony on meeeee....
                  Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

^^^^^^^

I have three CRT monitors sitting in my garage, Bronco. Take your pick!

Seriously, that's a bad break. My girlfriend told me last week she needed a new computer for Christmas since hers died. I looked at it and said "it's just your power supply...that's an easy fix". Saturday I replaced it and it's back up and running. Completely unrelated (and he didn't know I'd fixed her computer) my dad wrote today and asked "How hard is it to replace a power supply? I think mine died.". What are the chances they'd both go out the same week? Yikes...

I'll be on tonight, for some of this alleged Monday Mayhem!!!

Comment

Low and slow? I'm there :)

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Humm, sounds like a true TG mode to me... might make an showing if Im feeling better!! Been sick for the last four days!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Alrighty then. I've set the server to run a Countdown map cycle and will be in seeding shortly.

sigpic

Comment

We had some decent rounds with those that showed up and a few guest players.

If we had the ability to tweak this game mode, I could see us running Countdown 24/7. Unfortunately, with a 2-3 minute countdown timer that we cannot change, the attackers are extremely rushed.

p.s. Wow Jack, you must have been extremely sick.. like coughing up your liver.. to have not joined in on this "true TG" game mode. ;)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                              Unfortunately, with a 2-3 minute countdown timer that we cannot change, the attackers are extremely rushed.
                              It was fun, but as Squinty pointed out, without a CO to force respawn the best "strategy" as attackers is to rush in fast and hard and take down as many defenders as possible. Once all the attackers are dead they get a respawn while the defenders do not. So it's wise to bulldoze in right as the rounds starts so you have time on your side to grind the enemy down before time expires. Moving slowly and cautiously as attackers actually works against you with the round timer.

I understand the timer is supposed to:

A) Keep attackers from sitting back and trying to snipe outside of active CPs
                              B) Keep impatient players on the sever because the longest they have to wait to respawn is two minutes

But in all honesty it backfires and ends up accelerating the action.

Still fun, but definitely not "low and slow".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X