Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maps of some known SL spawns ,and some of my favourite tactics and things to try.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps of some known SL spawns ,and some of my favourite tactics and things to try.

I was messing around with 'advanced tactical center' and mapped out some strategies and spawn locations.

First up is TE Barracks. Now on Barracks most times the attack goes all sides; allies try to penetrate defenses trough the houses left and right side. Have a look at these, the idea is sort of a blitz attack trough the center.

This image shows how it is theoretically possible to take both A & B from the center between the two flags. THe flag areas touch in the middle. I added some riflemen on at the end of the walls, I think you would need those to cover the windows that face across both flags. If this succeeds, keeping most of your force together, you can move very quickly to the courtyard at C.

Here I had the idea it might be possible to cap C this without sending much men inside, but holding the courtyard, with still most of your force together. If this is succesfull, it is only a very short right turn from the courtyard to arrive in imo the optimal position to attack D from; from the south flank (compass~=orientation of pics above).
    Here is then a schematic of the general idea over all flags.

Next up is my favourite strategy for SL-ing Pavlov. I started from the axis side, but added an allies plan at the end. I know it gets confusing. Legend on the image will be valid for next pic too.

The best thing is the trolley where the red circle is. THis area is maybe the best chance for the germans to get past C and D (middle two flags). On this cart you are on the C flag, but you can get to D in +- one sprint, or to E in one sprint. SO this area offers amazing advantages for both teams. Since it is a spawn, having your SL there can quickly make a decisive difference. I have won this map many many times like this. It is even with some sadness that I share this strategy, as it is so damned effective :p. If Axis cannot get a SL spawn up there, then the axis' only other option is the spawn in the trench west side of C. IT is 50m from the flag, and is a fall-back when you are pushed off the trolley on its side (red dircle). However this spot is much less favorable since you cannot advance or retreat to other flags. This should be used when you are unable to properly hold C. An advantage is that you are far from the enemy at C, so often the enemy will have to pay dearly for rooting you out of that position.

On D, the basement spawn is all I know, so as SL you kind of have to see whether you are best as spawn in the basement, or at times assisting in capping/blocking cap. On the north side of D there is also a door you can blown open. It facilitates acces for the allies, so they should always open it.

Going from D to B, where the green arrow hits B there are two doors you can blow up that make your assault easier. On satchel opens the door.
    As Allies, you can alternatively blow the debris in the stairs entering E from the north to facilitate entry from the north side. As axis you sohould leave it intact. It takes +- 3 satchels to clear all the debris.

Finally the same for RedOctober

Here my favourite strategy is advancing right side to the burning building, smoke left side, squad advances to cap and blows doors on it. THen I follow inside the first objective where there is another spawn. Then push on straight to C past B, into another little shed that is a spawn. Most threats on this part are either on C waiting for you, or on the right flank (north here) in the distance; smoke the right side, sprint from wagons to trench to C.

Then I veer off to the right to get ammo, because the next step can use some smoke crossing the open plains. after C to D. On D I immediatly go into my small panic room in the first basement where my squad can spawn.

Then you go between the wagons straight on. Having wagons on both sides allow you to push to the trenches in front of F quicker then the enemy usually is prepared for. UI believe the trench is also a spawn. F can be destroyed with a satchel. The objective is a pile of rockets in a wagon on the right side of F (north in these pics).

THen for G you usually CANNOT keep pushing the side of the map. You mostly have to double back a bit and attack across the big squard straight from +-D to G flag.

On the right side there is an alternative trail with a few spawns which I have used SL-ing for Coridon with an AT-kit. He spawned in very close to, or behind the enemy tank several times in a round, so it seems at least tactic worth considering.

Re: Maps of some known SL spawns ,and some of my favourite tactics and things to try.

Great post, Al!

I'm too tired at the moment to comment intelligently on the tactics displayed here.. darn third shift! Rest assured, I'll be jumping into the discussion once my work schedule calms down.

By the way, you spoke of the 'advanced tactical center'. Is that program similar to GTactix? If so, give us a link!

p.s. +rep for the tactical goodness!

sigpic

Comment

Re: Maps of some known SL spawns ,and some of my favourite tactics and things to try.

http://www.playprepared.com/
      Here it is. When you download it, you have to install the gamepack for RO2, which they have on the website. THen if you want to save an image, be sure to use export instead of save.

This used to be the only software of it's kind, but I hear now there are other people who did similar things.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
        It is even with some sadness that I share this strategy, as it is so damned effective .
        HA!! I feel that way sometimes too, but I figure in the end if we raise everyone's game we'll have to take ours up a notch as well...

P.S. that first map is Apartments, not Barracks! :D

Comment

Great post BGA.

Comment

I like your ideas on the allied attack on Apartments. A couple of things I would add to the assault on A and B are: Toss smokes across the bridge during the assault, aiming them for the middle opening. I've found that can confuse the enemy somewhat and cause some friendly fire on their side. This would be even more effective if the allies stay on the river side of the brick wall. I haven't tried this one, but it might be wise to deploy a MG fireteam and a marksman to the building on the allied side of the river. If they work together, they should be able to cover the entire cap areas and mow down incoming enemy reinforcements.

The down side to having most of the attacking force in the courtyard at C, is that they will be out in the open, with only low walls for cover. Enemies could potentially rain nades from the wooden balcony above the courtyard and over the wall to the west. Not to mention, most of the defenders will be inside of C guarding the stairways and they will need to be cleared. If C starts capping when the allies are staging up in the courtyard, cool. But, if the axis has the numerical advantage, I think the force should split. Leave the SL's in or near the courtyard for spawn points. One group could head south into C at the ground floor, hitting the basement stair defenders from the flank, and the other group heading up the stairs on the north face of C to take out the second floor defenders from a flank. This could be especially effective if the two attacking forces coordinate their assaults to occur simultaneously. If that fails, a basement push along with a flank through the south side of C should get it done. Of course, a liberal application of smoke past the courtyard to the west and north would be helpful during the first push.

The Pavlov's house and Red October strats sound pretty sound to me and I'd love to try them sometime! And, don't ever feel sad about sharing a strat. I agree with Coridon in that sharing knowledge raises the bar on the gameplay and makes us all better team players!

sigpic

Comment

RO2 from above looks a lot like company of heroes... I want to combine the two so I can play an RTS but be ordering fireteams of real people around :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

EAsy then, make a server for 2 people, go commander, add 2 or more squads of bots. I've played like this against mixed human/bot opponents and I had a blast organizing the ai, setting up dummy movements etc. to beat the humans that were not suspecting the bots to have atctics :p.

Really, since the AI on this is so good, it is quite fun. I will comment on specifics of your post later, Mindkill. I do love me some theorycraft ;).

Comment

I've also found the following setup on STATION is pretty solid for the Allies.

At Center Hall, set up the DP-28 here. You can watch all four main approaches the Axis will use, and they will have a hard time grenading you (it will likely fall to the ground floor and detonate below you).

Someone gets in each of the four corners (on same floor as DP-28) and watch their respective lanes (mostly looking towards the ground floor windows and doors). The LMGer of course needs to verbally notify the squad when he's reloading. The DP-28 is able to traverse and depress at this location. If someone sprints into the room the guys in the corners visible in the screen shot can shoot them in the backs.

There is a narrow stairwell just south of this position; there is also a Maxim that often spawns there as well. If the SL is covering the stairs with the PPsH and someone is on the Maxim it is almost impossible to dislodge this squad without artillery. Also, the SL can be spawned on at this location.

Lastly, if things are slow enough, the Allied riflemen in the windows can direct their fire down on the adjacent CP at the railyard (E). If another Russian squad is in the railyard they can clean up at close range, while the Allied troops in the windows use their bolts to pick off anyone trying to hide.

The main problem with this setup is getting in position fast enough after B and C have fallen. It might be worth it to sacrifice those CPs just to make sure you're dug in at D before the Axis arrive...

Comment

^^^^^^^

BGA and I tried this defense at Center Hall (sans DP-28!) and it worked ridiculously well. The Germans never capped it and they ran out of reinforcements there.

We also found a great spot at B where you can watch both stairs and also look out towards the railyard. I daresay a squad dug in there couldn't be dislodged...

Comment

I've always liked defending B and D on Station, but could never get set up in time. I'm generally trying to recapture A in an effort to draw the Axis away from B and C. I think I've only got a 50% success rate with that strategy so, I'll have to join BGA's or your squad, Coridon, and see this plan in action.

I've finally got a day off, so I'll be on tonight to try these strats out. Can't wait!

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X