Tanking is back at TG RO2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tanking is back at TG RO2

Since the release of the SDK for RO2, many players have been requesting a mutator be made that would "fix" the AI gunners in tanks. As most anyone that plays the game knows, the AI gunners completely ruined the fun of having tanks on the combined arms maps in the game. The biggest complaints were that the AI could see through smoke, lock on to targets inhumanly fast, and "one-shot" enemies at ridiculous ranges, not to mention that the human tank commander received credit for the kills. This caused many players to use the tactic of sitting the tank near the enemy spawn point in order to let the AI gunner mow down hordes of enemies.

Well, an RO2 community member, named Ducky, has created the TankTweak mutator. This mutator allows server administrators the ability to affect the accuracy, speed of target acquisition, and a couple other of the AI gunners stats. It also allows for the complete disabling of the AI gunners in tanks. TWI has approved Ducky's work and have white-listed the mutator, which means that servers that run the TankTweak mutator will remain Ranked.

I have installed and enabled the TankTweak mutator on the TG RO2 server, and have it set to completely disable the AI tank gunners. Now, get in there and start working on some awesome tank tactics!

sigpic

Re: Tanking is back at TG RO2

Good work! Will try this out as soon as possible.

No longer will those Skynet controlled HKs be roaming the battlefield in search of John Connor!

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post
      Good work! Will try this out as soon as possible.

No longer will those Skynet controlled HKs be roaming the battlefield in search of John Connor!
      Here here!!!

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
        The biggest complaints were that the AI could see through smoke, lock on to targets inhumanly fast, and "one-shot" enemies at ridiculous ranges, not to mention that the human tank commander received credit for the kills. This caused many players to use the tactic of sitting the tank near the enemy spawn point in order to let the AI gunner mow down hordes of enemies.
        BigGaayAl and I played on a server Tuesday morning that still had the AI enabled. The above is exactly what happend on Pavlov's House and Red October Factory. I'm absolutely floored there's anyone out there who still thinks AI aimbots are a good idea...

Also, and the following is PURE SPECULATION, but I've been messing around with the SDK trying to figure it out, and possibly design a map. I'll also add that my posts in the TWI forums require "approval by a moderator" (I assume because my account sat idle for 5+ years). They've all been approved except one; in it I asked if anyone was making a map focused on Mamaev Kurgan, the highest ground during the battle of Stalingrad. More info here:

http://members.boardhost.com/staling...169701178.html

http://www.fireonthevolga.com/416-14-15~1.JPG

I didn't want to start working on a map if someone else already was, but TWI didn't even allow my post to see the light of day. My guess is because the next map to be released is going to be this with new vehicles (Stug? Halftrack?).

Seems like a map like that could have a lot of potential. Like I said, this is pure speculation but I wouldn't know any other reason why my inquiry into someone building such a map would be blocked over on the TWI forums. The plot thickens!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X