Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RO Classic included in the Mar. 16th Beta Update!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] RO Classic included in the Mar. 16th Beta Update!

Yes, you read that right. The new game mode, RO Classic, is included in this Beta update!

To whet your appetite, here are the general RO Classic changes that will be included:

Players can still gain experience and level up, but when playing in classic mode these levels do not grant any bonuses for class or weapon.
    Role and weapon loadouts are modified to closely match Red Orchestra 1 loadouts. This means fewer MkBs, AVTs, and SMGs are available
    Interface changes - added an RO1 style compass to the HUD. No peripheral action indicators.
    Uses standard realism mode as a base, and adds additional functionality on top of that
    Most Classic mode settings have been added to webadmin and can be toggled on/off for Custom mode
    Removed spawn on squad leader
    No lockdown
    No Killcam
    Read the full changelog here.

So, if you're as excited about this as I am, download the beta (you must own RO2 in order to participate), and get in the game!

sigpic

Re: RO Classic included in the Mar. 16th Beta Update!

Outstanding. Downloading this now...

Curious to know if they've included the changes they already made in previous versions of the beta. The enemy spotted function worked very differently, and also destroyable objects were clearly marked on the overhead map, among other things.

Comment

I played a quick round Saturday night. They've been working hard on this!

They have all the maps in this beta so you can see how they play with the new changes.

Biggest things I noticed:

1) Player movement speed is greatly reduced. Slow slow slow, and thus there will be little run 'n gun.
      2) The mini-map is gone! Replaced with a compass.
      3) Cover/Bandage/Use are no longer bound to the same key.
      4) Very few semi-automatic and automatic weapons.
      5) No spawn on SL (which I will miss, as I think it helps with squad cohesion).

Looking good so far. These are some pretty big changes, too, and not just cosmetic.

It will be nice to see these changes combined with the anti-lag mutator...

Comment

Sounds good!

I can't wait til I have time to actually play a little.

sigpic

Comment

I'm digging the changes. Very much RO1-like. I think these changes, combined with large-scaled maps with tanks/transports, will revive this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Makarov View Post
            I'm digging the changes. Very much RO1-like. I think these changes, combined with large-scaled maps with tanks/transports, will revive this game.
            I would love to see huge maps like in RO 1.

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
            Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...