Group of People to Play Together?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group of People to Play Together?

I just recently go into RO2. However, it doesn't look like its a very active game here at TG. Can someone point me towards another website, clan, ect that has good teamwork and strategy? thanks

Re: Group of People to Play Together?

Well crap looks like no one is playing RO2. Damn shame with how tactical it is out of the box. Easily a game where TG would fit right in without any effort.

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly, Ghost1Bravo. Unfortunately, RO2 released around the same time as EA's and Activision's flagship games, and was plagued with some serious bugs and performance issues at launch. A double whammy that they just couldn't overcome. By the time TWI got the game to a playable state, the lions share of the playerbase was playing BF3 or CoD:MW3.

There are a couple TG'ers that play RO2 semi-regularly. I held off responding because I thought one of them would help you out. I guess they're busy in Stalingrad, shooting them dirty Nazi's. ;)

Anyways, you might be able to catch them in the TG RO2 Steam Group.

p.s. Welcome to TG!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, BigGaayAl (ManBearPig) and I still play quite regularly together. Try to find both of us using the link Mindkill posted, although Al is going to be in the Pyrenees for the next two weeks so no gaming for him.

I held off posting anything here because there's no "simple" answer to your question.

Yes, the game has a lot of potential but honestly every competitive clan/group has already given up on this title, for any number of reasons. The closest thing to an organized event you'll find is when someone announces a Countdown night in the TWI forums, and you might get 10 vs. 10, and normally most of the players are quite good. But even this happens rarely anymore.

RO2 has been out for almost one year and certain features/modes that were promised at launch still haven't been implemented, which is one of the reasons people quit playing. Campaign mode is still non-existent, there are only two tanks (Panzer IV & T-34-76), spawn on SL took nine months after launch to actually work, there are no halftracks, etc. etc. Even now, it's difficult to actually squad up with friends because the squad selection screen is still broken.

Don't get me wrong, Tripwire nailed a lot with this game, but there are still multiple bugs and borked implementations that cause much frustration when playing.

I'd really hate to be in TWI's predicament because they really can't announce a new game title moving forward (think of the backlash!), so they have to keep throwing good money after bad in an attempt to get RO2 working properly. I hope they survive and take a lot of lessons from the experience, in all honesty.

Well, my reply was probably more detailed than you were looking for, but it's pretty near to the reality of the situation. As of now, there are no competitive groups/clans actively playing, so all you can do is find a full pub server and hope someone on your team is using VoIP. Perhaps a miracle patch, new maps, or a mod will save this title, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I still play the game, but my outlook for the future of RO2 is more realistic than pollyanna.

Comment

Good summary. This isn't the first TG game killed due to launching with too many bugs or missing features and unfortunately it's probably not the last.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Ironically enough, Yoshiro posted Wednesday that a new RO2 beta is out and the multiplayer campaign is included for feedback.

Huh!

Here is the linky.

Comment

Me and PaintScratcher play this every now and then as well although Paint's started to play it even more, perhaps you'll catch us ingame! :)
              sigpic

Comment

I used to play this game all the time until I ran across Arma. Wouldn't mind catching some games with some people nor finding other games to run along with TG.

Comment

Originally posted by dumb13dor3 View Post
                  I used to play this game all the time until I ran across Arma. Wouldn't mind catching some games with some people nor finding other games to run along with TG.
                  Maybe we'll do a pub raid in the near future? TWI is having their "counterattack" map contest and there are some really nice custom maps in circulation now...

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon View Post
                    Maybe we'll do a pub raid in the near future? TWI is having their "counterattack" map contest and there are some really nice custom maps in circulation now...
                    Sounds good to me. Just have to give me a date and time.

Comment

I'm thinking about trying this in the near future. Ever since I saw the trailer, I was amazed but I heard less than stellar things about it. But for $25, why not?

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Why not :)
                        Sounds good to me though I am in ts or you can just send me a PM.

Comment

Anyone else out there? Red Orchestra 2 is on sale again...

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Been playing the past two hours! :)

Comment

I'll get back on later today, I've got a lot of homework that needs doing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X