You guys still play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys still play?

RO2 was the game I played the most this year, until NS2 came out. I played mostly on the 2.fjg server as that was the only botless server that would fill up. I am a Hero MG'er and I use to play w/ the alias of "Hostage". I came upon this community via NS2 and I was amazed how TG adds so much to the game. Is there a server and are people active in RO2?

-Solarity
    Lights Out!

Re: You guys still play?

Not really, no. There used to be a server, I think, but that has long since passed. I got into it, had fun, but I eventually didn't have the time to play it that much, my interests going to other games.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I guess the same thing happen here. It was an awesome game. I just don't understand why most people like these homogenized shooters that lack depth :(
      Lights Out!

Comment

Yeah, the server actually lasted far longer than I expected it to, but eventually with zero demand there was no justification to keep paying for one.

I honestly play this game more than anything else, primarily because I enjoy the short round times combined with genuinely lethal weapons. Also, I usually play in the middle of the nights on the weekends (Ca. 0400 a.m. to 0800 a.m. eastern) after my fiancée has gone to bed, since there's not much active at those hours TG-wise. RO2 is a game I can play alone and still enjoy.

That being said, the game still has so many bugs I don't take it seriously and do things like go bayonet only, or pistol only until I get bored. Right now I go AT any chance I can and just focus up on destroying enemy tanks, and don't even pay attention to whether the team I'm on wins or loses. You'll ragequit in this game so fast if you actually want your team to do well, so it's definitely not worth it to get emotionally invested.

For instance, I was able to play for about 30 minutes Thursday night and on a custom map (Gumrakstation) and the defending Russians weren't allowed out of the cap zone or they exploded from being "out of bounds" (See here). Now, I understand the mapmaker wanted to make the new players focus on defending the objective, but come on! So instead of being on the flanks with an LMG I was stuck in the trenches and hipfiring. On top of that, with the poor directional 3D audio, I kept hearing German being spoken and when the player appeared around the corner I would fire, and both times this happened it was a TK. Instead of getting angry or frustrated I just said "no thanks" and logged off and put that map on my list of ones to leave the server whenever it loads. Sadly, the 2FJ server you mentioned has several cruddy maps in rotation (Die Bresche, Gumrakstation, Apartments, Barracks, etc.), and the TaT server has voting enabled so you play Apartments or Barracks every other map. Oh well.

I did just purchase NS2 when it was on sale for $10 but haven't installed it yet. I like Planetside 2 but my computer can't really handle it so I'm not going to bother playing for another year or so when I decide to upgrade, or unless the game is better optimized in the meantime.

So, even though it's not a glowing review of RO2, I still play quite a bit. Like I said I try to be pretty laid back when I play because the number of bugs (and new players running around doing absurd things) will make your blood pressure skyrocket if you let it. If you're able to shrug off the numerous shortcomings, and are able to play without getting worked up over them, it's still a very fun game...

Comment

I still play RO2 on 2FJG quite a bit. I love it!
          May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

I have a dabble on RO2 every now and again. I love the new gumrakstation map, it was in RO1 and its nice going back and playing it again with the new squad leader spawn mechanics of RO2.
            |TG-73rd|Socomseal
            |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I recently bought the game and it's a blast to play. Had been the playing the first RO for quite some time and loved it. I heard RO2 was a flop, and was disappointed. Saw it on sale the other day on Steam, so I bought it to try it out. Loved it so much that I gifted it to 3 of my friends, so we could play together. They love it too.
              |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

I think it is a great game still
                Lights Out!

Comment

I do..........add me on Steam "indyjrt"
                  "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

Still going at it on that server you mentioned.
                    Fighting with or against those volks. lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X