steam ro2 beta wont start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steam ro2 beta wont start

I downloaded the ro2 beta. It does not start. If anyone finds whats up, let me know. I have rebooted and reinstalled once. I have ati in crossfire. I will troubleshoot later tomorrow.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Re: steam ro2 beta wont start

Not anything specific, but I know a lot of betas/demos/alphas don't like to play well with Crossfire until launch, and sometimes even later. Something to consider. Hope you or someone else finds a solution, cause we've had some good times so far!
    Skud

Comment

Hey i have the same issues but i dont have crossfire .. my specs are Q8400 s775 asus p5q-SE 8gb GeiL mem. GTX 460 MSI hawk O.S 64 bit Win7 ultimate

Comment

I found this support page helpful. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...6218-USFX-5568 I was getting the preparing to launch window but nothing would happen. I think disabling my internet security app did the trick.

Comment

I am running Norton 360. I will disable when I get home anew try again. Reinstall gave me same issue.

Sent from my Droid.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

no luck. still wont start.

Comment

so, I re downloaded and tried to install again. no luck. I tried disabling crossfire and norton. no luck. Meh. I hit start game, it looks like it is starting, then disappears.

Comment

hot off the presses, may help you
                http://steamcommunity.com/games/RO2/...00309625110171

Steam should now auto run the UE3redist file that the game needs. If you still find the game not launching you may need to download the latest version of the DirectX auto installer:

Direct X 9.0c

Comment

I needed latest direct x! game loaded! thanks!

Comment

This was posted today (9/9/2011) as a fix for the game not launching. As I have not had this issue, I have not been able to test it.

Fix instructions

sigpic

Comment

I had this problem and fixed it this way:

1: Go to Steam->Library
                      2: <right-click> RO2 -> Properties
                      3: Go to Local Files tab
                      4: "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

For me, it detected a couple mis-matches, and instantly redownloaded fixed versions.

When I then closed that screen and launched, it fired right up!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                        I had this problem and fixed it this way:

1: Go to Steam->Library
                        2: <right-click> RO2 -> Properties
                        3: Go to Local Files tab
                        4: "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

For me, it detected a couple mis-matches, and instantly redownloaded fixed versions.

When I then closed that screen and launched, it fired right up!
                        for me this is a clear winning feature over other download platforms like EA origin which doesnt have an equivalent

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X