For those that are having crashing issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that are having crashing issues

I get bummed out when my friends and fellow community members crash out during a round, so I decided to round up some fixes for you.

Of course, there is the usual stuff you should do first:

Make sure you meet the minimum system requirements (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ is a good place to check)
    Update your drivers (Graphics, Sound, Network, Chipset, etc)
    Scan for virus/spyware/adware/etc
    Verify the Integrity of your steam game files and then Defrag them

If none of that works, try the following:

If you have your shadows set to low.. set them to medium and, enable Dynamic Shadows. Instructions

This sounds strange but, it's worth a try

If your game crashes at launch or just won't launch try this.

After crawling through 3 pages of threads at TWI's forums, it appears the shadows settings are what's causing most of the problems. A good portion of the beta testers have said that setting shadows to medium and making sure DynamicShadows=true fixed their problem.

Hope this helps!

sigpic

Re: For those that are having crashing issues

I found the minimum/recommended system specs on TWI's forums, posted by a TWI representative. Look Here

sigpic

Comment

Well I guess for the time being Im SOL.....game wont start, have done all of the above, guess Ill wait for the game to release.

Thanks for all of the links though MK, they helped for whats it worth!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Have you downloaded the beta update yet? It says that it's fixed some crashing and performance issues.

sigpic

Comment

Yeppers.

It just acts like its going to start then crash. Restarting my computer now to see if it fixes anything.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Well I think what happened was a failure to DL all of the update, restart of the com fixed it and it now starts!!

Comment

Good deal! Glad to hear that it seems to be working now.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                Well I think what happened was a failure to DL all of the update, restart of the com fixed it and it now starts!!
                With any steam downloaded game, if it suddenly stops working, you can "verify game files" in the game properties or whatever the menu is called. You get to it by right clicking on a game in your library. This is the biggest reason I love steam; you almost never have to reinstall if your files are corrupted, which happens more than you would think.

Doing this imo should always be the first step in troubleshooting a steam game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X