I need help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help.

Ok, I just installed the game launched it and I have 4 light tanks and no tutorial or manual to speak off.

I made 2 training battles got wasted and I'm out of ammo, does anyone volunteers to give a introduction to the game?
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Re: I need help.

Hop on TeamSpeak, there are always people in the room that give you some help.

Comment

Thanks Mach, I'll do that.

But here go some questions:

1. Is it possible to transfer tank parts, that you bought and are common to two tanks, from a older one to a new one?

2. I got a free Valentine light tank from the place where I got my beta key, should I sell it to buy one that allows me to research stuff?

3. I've the Panzer II now and I can go to Medium/Heavy tanks, to Leopard, or SPG's, which path should I choose for tier 3?
      sigpic

Comment

Hey Jorge.
        Alot of tank parts are transferable. If you research something that is usable on the next tank in the tech tree it will be already researched when you but that tank. Best thing to do when you buy a new tank is click all the components icons (gun, tracks etc) and see if you can buy some of them. If you buy modules (camo net, optics etc) not all of them are transferable (will have a padlock on them if they are not) but make sure you take them off a tank BEFORE you sell it.

Valentines cost gold to buy, if you like it, keep it, if not sell it :) Its totally up too you :P

With upgrading to the next level, do you like playing arty? If so, go for an SPG! Tank destroyers are for camping and medium/heavy tanks are for mass rapeage! Its totally down to personal preference.
        Nihility

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
          2. I got a free Valentine light tank from the place where I got my beta key, should I sell it to buy one that allows me to research stuff?
          NO! lol

3 main reasons.

1. You can spend gold to convert any experience you gain with the Valentine to "free experience". This means it can be used to upgrade any vehicle path you are researching. To do this with any regular vehicle means you have to research each and every component for it. Of course the Valentine does this because it isn't upgradeable at all.

2. Frequently, if you get knocked out of a battle early then you'll want to leave that battle and take another vehicle out. I've used as many as 4 vehicles at once doing this (yes, there were some sucky rounds involved where I was undoubtedly being too aggressive). I've also found that SPGs seem to be more survivable since you are generally at the back of the field hiding so if you're specializing in that you'll have different results.

3. If you like to do forward scouting / arty hunting then the Valentine is one of the best tanks you'll have until you hit tier 4 or later. It's almost a medium given it's reasonably thick armor (for a light tank) and decent gun. It's not especially quick but I find that sometimes keeps me out of trouble. :)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

I went to the path of the Leopard (I'm addicted to this game) already got the Luchs. The valentine just sucks, it's slow and the gun only does pew pew, the only good thing is the armour, I'm thinking of selling it to buy the Leopard. Is it a good choice?
            sigpic

Comment

I actually sold my Valentine and received enough credits to purchase two tier 3 tanks so you just have to make decisions about what lines you want to follow.
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X