Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

totally addicted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • totally addicted

    just wanted to say...i'm totally addicted to this game. looking forward to some squad tactics. :) anyone around during the morning/day time EST (gmt -5)?

  • #2
    Re: totally addicted

    I usually don't get on till around 1700 EST. If you are one I will hit you up.

    [unit][squadl][command2]

    KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: totally addicted

      Check in the teamspeak channel. LPBronco has mentioned being on during the day.


      "I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

      "Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

      Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: totally addicted

        The "benefits" of job hunting under present circumstances leaves me PLENTY of time to play.
        Forewarned is Forearmed




        Comment


        • #5
          Re: totally addicted

          I usually play around 1900 EST but I'm typically not in TS due to "woman troubles."

          You might find me lamenting in garage chat about how bad the matchmaking is, and how much I hate the A-20.


          TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

          If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: totally addicted

            Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
            I usually play around 1900 EST but I'm typically not in TS due to "woman troubles."

            You might find me lamenting in garage chat about how bad the matchmaking is, and how much I hate the A-20.
            They haven't quite figured out that scout tanks really don't work well on these small maps.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: totally addicted

              Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
              They haven't quite figured out that scout tanks really don't work well on these small maps.
              I don't mind the scout tanks at all and love my A20. I was going 70 km/h during a round yesterday! :D

              It's really a matter of appreciating their limitations and certainly the game style won't appeal to everyone. If you're wanting to go head to head against other tanks then you can pretty much forget it. Occasionally you'll get a round with a lot of other lights in it and can be more aggressive.

              I usually try to pick a good spotting position and stay out of the fight as much as possible. Later in the round once things have thinned out you can use your speed to go arty hunting, hit the cap zone, or maybe even launch some HE rounds at distracted bigger tanks.

              Bernout

              |TG-MD6|

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: totally addicted

                The A-20 has such a crappy view distance it isn't very good for scouting anyways. I typically get murdered by arty or an invisible enemy long before I can reach any sort of observation point. I'm trying to grind it out, but it's rough when you only get ~100 xp every match because you get blown to pieces in the opening minutes.

                The matchmaking still needs a lot of work. The whole "only fighting two tiers above" is BS. I'm in a tier 5 thusly the most I can get matched with is a tier 7. But that tier 7 can get matched with a tier 9 and thus in the same match as me.

                I've found that once you hit tier 4 the game is just not fun as you get matched with stuff WAY out of your league. That's why I hated the SU-85B so much. Even fully upgraded it can't hold a candle to the teir 8,9, and occasionally 10's that it gets paired with. At least most tier 5 tanks can equip a gun that'll sometimes pen on the bigger tanks.


                TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

                If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: totally addicted

                  Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                  The A-20 has such a crappy view distance it isn't very good for scouting anyways. I typically get murdered by arty or an invisible enemy long before I can reach any sort of observation point. I'm trying to grind it out, but it's rough when you only get ~100 xp every match because you get blown to pieces in the opening minutes.

                  The matchmaking still needs a lot of work. The whole "only fighting two tiers above" is BS. I'm in a tier 5 thusly the most I can get matched with is a tier 7. But that tier 7 can get matched with a tier 9 and thus in the same match as me.

                  I've found that once you hit tier 4 the game is just not fun as you get matched with stuff WAY out of your league. That's why I hated the SU-85B so much. Even fully upgraded it can't hold a candle to the teir 8,9, and occasionally 10's that it gets paired with. At least most tier 5 tanks can equip a gun that'll sometimes pen on the bigger tanks.
                  I have found the best times are to be found with the matchmaking system when running in a platoon, with someone who has the same tier'd tank as you. You'll usually get pretty good matchups.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: totally addicted

                    Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                    The A-20 has such a crappy view distance it isn't very good for scouting anyways. I typically get murdered by arty or an invisible enemy long before I can reach any sort of observation point. I'm trying to grind it out, but it's rough when you only get ~100 xp every match because you get blown to pieces in the opening minutes.
                    I can't argue about the view distance but if you're getting killed in the opening minutes then you're probably being too aggressive and have overextended.

                    It sounds like you have a lot of play time under your belt so I assume you know about the value of getting a Premium Account for its credit and XP boost.

                    Bernout

                    |TG-MD6|

                    Comment

                    Connect

                    Collapse

                    TeamSpeak 3 Server

                    Collapse

                    Advertisement

                    Collapse

                    Twitter Feed

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X