Launch date for the official open beta - January 27th, 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch date for the official open beta - January 27th, 2011

You can read it all here: http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/gen...date_announced

It will go open beta next week so get in for a taste of the game. From what I've seen at the forums the release will happen at the end of February and all accounts will be wiped then, but even so it's a great opportunity to get a fell of it before release and have some fun.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Re: Launch date for the official open beta - January 27th, 2011

Good looks like I won't have to wait long till I can try this game out as well... Cya you guys/gals in-game! ^_^

Hopefully the final release will happen by next month...!

Comment

I can't wait for official release as well. Seems kind of pointless playing right now with the hard wipe imminent. It makes sense of course for anyone who hasn't tried the game yet.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I got a hold of a CB key... yay! As far as I know they won't be wiping when switching from CB to OB... only from OB to final release. Been trying it out and its hard getting used to it.. XD

How do u know if you hit someone?

User: Zenchi

Comment

Originally posted by Zenchi View Post
          How do u know if you hit someone?
          Usually you hear a guy saying "Penetration", "That's have to hurt", or "Another one like that and we have them". When you hear a clink and the red diamond above blinks white it means a critical hit where you have made some damage to personnel or tank modules.

The best way to guarantee some damage is to shoot when your corsair is green.
          sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Bernout View Post
            I can't wait for official release as well. Seems kind of pointless playing right now with the hard wipe imminent. It makes sense of course for anyone who hasn't tried the game yet.

Bernout
            I hear ya there. I'm kinda burned out on WoT and with the hardwipe coming, I feel the desire to play even less.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I'm burnt out on grinding ATM, but will prolly be back after the hard wipe is done, can't be bothered putting effort in if it's just gonna be lost shoetly after.

Looking forward to playing on the same tier TG style in the future though

Comment

Well from what I hear, the open beta is just going to be a soft wipe. But odds are that the full release will be a hard wipe, everyone starting at the same spot. Fortonatly, I got into a bit late, so never got to the top level tanks. Best one is only the M2 med, and about to get the M3. But, with going out of town for a few week tomorow, that progess is going to be greatly slowed, probably to the point that the hard wipe will be coming soon.

But for everyone who has not tried it yet, I recommend using the open beta as a trial. The closed beta has been really enjoyable (of course a few issues but thats expected).

Hope to see some more TGers on the battlefield shortly.

Comment

Can someone link or put out a guide for this game that is useful? I've read a couple already but they seem to be contradictory and I can't decide which of the 3 countries I should go with....

Comment

Can someone link or put out a guide for this game that is useful? I've read a couple already but they seem to be contradictory and I can't decide which of the 3 countries I should go with....
                    If you want TD's go German, if you want Heavy/Mediums go either Russian or USA (USA doesn't start to get good till Tier 7's). If you want SPG's then you are gay :P

Comment

Thanks for the info. What you got against SPG's?

Comment

Thanks for the info. What you got against SPG's?
                        Once you've played some more you'll understand. Spg's are like that annoying camping sniper in the corner of the map, except this one can see through walls and kill you in one shot. It's very rage inducing, especially if they track you right in the middle of an epic battle between another tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry29PR View Post
                          Once you've played some more you'll understand. Spg's are like that annoying camping sniper in the corner of the map, except this one can see through walls and kill you in one shot. It's very rage inducing, especially if they track you right in the middle of an epic battle between another tank.
                          I wasn't around earlier in the beta but this seems to be the perception of many veterans. However, having played SPGs a fair bit recently it is the furthest thing from the truth. The facts based on the tier 6 and lower US arty I played with 90% or so crew:

1. It takes quite a while of being stationary in order to get max accuracy out of the gun and even then you can still easily miss. If the target is moving then a hit becomes an order of magnitude harder since you need to account for travel time for your shell.

2. You are only likely going to 1 shot lighter tanks that are below you in tiers. For mediums and heavies I don't ever recall killing in one shot although I never paid gold for the better ammo.

3. Reloads take forever. Perhaps not for Russian arty based on what I read but you get a lot less punch with them.

4. Without spots you are very limited. You can counter snipe by viewing tracers but that takes a lot of practice to be good at and assumes a stationary target.

Personally, I found the SPGs to be a nice change of pace from the normal game play.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I agree with Bernout... I've tried the 1st SPG for RUS. It's alot harder than people let on... so many things attribute to actually getting a hit.

-Buildings in the way...
                            -Angle
                            -Rocks and etc...
                            -Etc etc

The reload time is what really gets to me... if an enemy tank is coming at you and you miss... almost always you will get killed before it reloads.

Comment

SPGs are really weak all things considered and generally are only as good as the team protecting them, if they get left on their own or an enemy tank breaks through the lines SPGs are pretty much ze doomed.

I also have only ever one shot'd light rush tanks and generally find heavies take several rounds to take down and on a fairly normal basis I'll find a tank several tiers above that simply won't die.

Your team will still moan you aren't doing well enough though. But they, like most players, seem to think you are better than you can possibly be.

Word of warning - Counter arty for the first 5 mins of the game generally isn't going to happen unless they throw their SPGs up in the front. Expecting your SPGs to push up in order to get in range is just stupid, the whole company needs to take ground for the SPGs to move into counter arty range. That said I do believe there are a couple of SPGs that can actually fire over pretty much the whole length of a map. Don't know which though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X