help the newcommer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help the newcommer

so i decided id give this game a try but i have just a few questions.

1.How many of you are playing this game?

2. How much of an advantage do paying members get?

3.What server do you all play on?

4. How good are the Russian and German tanks?

5. How large are the maps?

Also feel free to give any tips as well.
    |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
    Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
    sigpic
    Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Re: help the newcommer

Well, welcome to World of Tanks. Cant say the actual numbers but for the most part, in February there was normally about 5 people or so on at a time. Right now, those numbers have gone down a bit, mostly because of the wipe coming in 3 hours.

Paying members dont get a huge boost like in some free to play games. Gold only has a few uses:
    Premium account, which grants 50% bonus XP and credits, but has no dirrect effect on battle.
    Premium tanks, which are tanks which you can get only with gold. Durring the beta, these tanks where only mid level, and for the most part not much more than a regular tank with everything already researched.
    Premium ammo, just ammo which was normally ammo piercing rounds. Does help a lot in battle, but again, wasn't a major game changer. (And I think anyone who spends real money on ammo is a idiot)
    Convert experience, which allows you to use the experience on already fully researched tanks to be used on a different tank
    Credit, self explanatory. Lets you use it as money.

Most of the tanks I found pretty ballanced. The americans where probably the weakest, and Russians and Germans pretty evenly matched. Each tech tree, and even tank has a very distinctive fell, and it all comes down to how you use it and want to play. I do not have the experence as many TGers have, so I will let them fill in the blanks on tech tree.

Maps, where a nice size. You wouldn spend half the battle just trying to find someone. But your not being shot at within 5 seconds as well. Most maps, with the exception of scouts and camp fests, normally within 1 minute your engaging the enemy. Your normally not waiting to long to battle.

As for tips, stick with your team. If you go out alone, your going to die quickly.

Comment

1.How many of you are playing this game?
      At least 15-20 of us. There will be more now that its not a "beta" anymore. Betas scare a lot of people away.

Premium account holders get an extra 50% experience and credits per battle.

3.What server do you all play on?
      Both US and EU servers. You can have an account on both, you just have to have two game installs.

4. How good are the Russian and German tanks?
      Russian and German tanks are equally as good as the american tanks. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. German tanks tend to be heavier on armor, lighter on firepower and mid range on firing speed. Russian tanks tend to be slightly less armor, but much bigger firepower with slower firing speed. American tanks tend to be mid range on both armor and firepower, but quicker firing speed (the m4aE8, or "easy 8" as you'll hear it called can fire a shot every 1.5 seconds if its tricked out right).

5. How large are the maps?
      The maps are approximately 2-3 km wide. Theres ample places to hide, room to roam around, and tanks can only see/shoot a max distance of 550m. But rounds are only 15 minutes long and generally last less than 5, so you're pretty much always in action.

Also feel free to give any tips as well.
      Pick your routes after talking to some people about them. Everyone has their own flavor for playing. Use bushes for cover (they camouflage your tank if you stick your nose in them). Dont charge down enemy armor, they probably have friends. Play smart, strategically and at decent range (at low tiers, this isnt really an option). ALWAYS keep your front toward the enemy. Taking shots broadside might seem like a good idea, but its a great way to get tracked and then get dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
        Premium account holders get an extra 50% experience and credits per battle.
        Are you guys sure it is 50%? I thought it was more like 25%? In any case, if you are going to spend gold/real money on anything, this is it. ;)

Premium account status also lets you create a platoon which allows up to 3 people to enter a battle together on the same side (anybody who is invited can join a platoon once it is created).

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

also for atleast a month 10 bucks is a fair trade to keep up with your friends. If they have a premium acct. and you dont, they will slowly pull away in tank rankings and you will most likely start getting dragged into high tier battles in a low tear tank. this has happened to all of us that have been playing for a while, its frustrating and it kinda sucks, cause you cant kill anything.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

ign: crazydengoru
            feel free to add me as ill be spending the rest of the day just figuring everything out..
            |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
            Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
            sigpic
            Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...