Report from the field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report from the field

We are quickly approaching 1 week into release WoT. TG have fought bravely in the field of battle, and we have given more than we've taken. Quickly we are advancing the tech trees, and soon clan wars will become active. With the great teamwork exhibited thus far, I believe we can look forward to a successful season in the clan wars. Hopefully new friends have been made, an appreciation for the positive attitude and support from other players. I hope those who have not taken advantage, please download the client and hop on for some fun.

Re: Report from the field

Its been a hell of a lot of fun so far! Platoons are limited to three people in-game, but we know a trick that works about 75% of the time called "simul-launching" where two platoons (or more) will launch at the same time. Today we had a few games where we had 7+ TG members on the same team!

Here's a couple screenshots from the graveyard of tanks that Mach and I created today. I dont have any kills in the pictures, but thats because Mach is king of kill stealing. He's also got a much bigger gun on his tank destroyer than I have on my Ram II. There were four of us in this game: Mach, Tralic, Foulspawn and myself.

Comment

I am going to have to join the side of its been a lot of fun. For anyone who hasnt downloaded yet, again I highly recommend it. If you are afraid of being a bit behind the rest of us, don't worry. I know I still have a couple of my lower tier tanks, so I can probably jump into a couple games with you and give you a hand. I am guessing there are others as well.

And Ferris, where did you get that tank list mod at? And is that one of the stock sniper views?

Comment

The website that I get all of my skins from:
        http://wotskins.wordpress.com/

PoG's Icon Mod:
        http://wotskins.wordpress.com/2011/0...gs-icon-mod-3/

Sniper View Mod:
        http://wotskins.wordpress.com/2011/0...per-crosshair/

Instructions to install are on both of those pages, but there are some other really cool skins and such there. My favorite is definitely the icon mod though. It makes everything much clearer. Tank tier and name, armor readout, tank type indicated by color.

For example, in the pictures I posted above:
        If the name bar is crimson, its a russian tank. Green name bar for US, Gray for german. The lower section indicates the tank type. Crimson is heavy, green is medium, yellow is light, bright red is arty and blue is TD.

This is also really handy on the field, and not just on the scoreboard. For any of you that dont know, when an enemy is in your sight range (even if he's behind a rock/mountain/etc), you can push your left ALT key and you can see what they are. However, with the stock icons, you dont get any pertinent information, and its often tough to tell what you're looking at. But with this icon mod, you instantly know not only what it is, but how much health it has because a little health bar pops up below the icon (note the second picture with Mach's Tank icon present and his health bar just below it).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X