Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoGS Icon Mod

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...ur-icon-2-mod/

Thats the official thread on the WoT forums. The lastest version as of this post is 3.11 (so for those of you that just downloaded the version I gave you a couple days ago, go grab the new version, theres some important fixes in there)

If you want to know why this helps out, have a gander at some screens from previous games (and the WoT forums) using it:

Version 3.11

Version 3.0

Re: PoGS Icon Mod

So, I decided that I liked the muted colors of 3.11, but I dont like the fact that the armor panel is all gray. I played all through beta with that indicating the tank type, so I modified the files and created my own. Here's an example:

And here's what a full team list might look like:

And heres a zip containing the files:
    WoTIcons.zip
    UPDATED: The zip now contains the complete package. Follow the following instructions:
    Make a backup of : ‘<wot install directory>\res\gui\maps\icons\vehicle\contour‘ folder
    Make a backup of :
    ‘<wot install directory>\res\gui\flash\battleloading.swf‘
    ‘<wot install directory>\res\gui\flash\PlayersPanel.swf‘
    ‘<wot install directory>\res\gui\flash\VehicleMarkersManager.swf ‘
    Unzip Rar file to ‘<wot install directory>‘ and overwrite files.
    Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 04-20-2011, 05:44 PM. Reason: fixed folder path

Comment

Thanks for the update.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

I use a different one that makes the icons that come up when one pushes alt bigger and easier to read(mostly because in TDs you can only zoom the way your looking and so when you look away from barrel you have no zoom). Its not updated for the pre-order tanks. I use version B which I can read out to almost 500m on my screen.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....4ls-icons-mod/

Comment

Tralic, little tip: when you ALT to see whats around you, even if you're fully scoped in a TD, you can hold right click to rotate away from the front of the tank without actually moving.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              Tralic, little tip: when you ALT to see whats around you, even if you're fully scoped in a TD, you can hold right click to rotate away from the front of the tank without actually moving.
              This does not work when fully scoped in as TD. You can only look around in the gun arc unless your in 3rd person. Also you do not have to hold down ALT while you right click to look around. It can be done without holding alt.

Comment

Oh, I know you dont have to hold down alt, but it helps so you can see whats around you when you're looking.

Comment

Hey guys give my Icon Mod a try, I keep trying to post, but it never goes through, hope it worked this time..

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....uids-icon-mod/

Comment

will do druid! thanks!

Comment

for all users of Pogs i found a updated that will work with the latest version so you can keep using it's awesomeness : http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...ost__p__547920
                      |TG-18th|Markolh (Just call me Mark)
                      BF Admin & Crazy French-canadian
                      Former Irr, 11th and 31st

"He who wants peace, prepares WAR"

Comment

Yah, that one works, but there are some flaws in the included flash files, and also the armor values are wrong on some of the tanks since the last updates. I found that if you use the flash files from the Clean_Icon_Contour_Mod-v.1.33 by Aslain, with the pogs contour icons which were updated by A_T you get a good working mod out of it.

Use the contour icons from this file: http://www.mediafire.com/?xu8laa822u52dq3
                        And the flash files from this one: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...tour-mod-v134/

Although it looks like those flash files were updated again, I will go test them real quick and report back :)
                        It's not what you know,
                        It's not who you know,
                        It's what you know about who you know.

[TG]BlackBart / [TG]FatalCure

Comment

Well, good and bad,

from the change log:
                          - vehicle icon is now centered (under ALT key only)
                          - vehicle name is now removed (under ALT key only)

Unfortunately the vehicle icon being centered is specifically for that mod. Which makes the icon slightly off center for other mods now.
                          It's not what you know,
                          It's not who you know,

Comment

upon further testing black, the Armor values HAVE been changed to fit the new versions, keep in mind it takes the Hull armor not the turret one
                            |TG-18th|Markolh (Just call me Mark)
                            BF Admin & Crazy French-canadian
                            Former Irr, 11th and 31st

"He who wants peace, prepares WAR"

Comment

Well that is good new, He must have updated it again since I last tried it.

I talked to Aslian about making a new flash file without the icon's off center, which would be nice as he managed to get it to suppress the icons on dead tanks now. It only shows the player name of dead tanks, helps with all the clutter.
                              It's not what you know,
                              It's not who you know,

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed