TS3 Usage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3 Usage

Since some of our admins are starting to post "official" type instructions, I thought it was worth starting a discussion about TS3 since our use of it is different from most other games.

First, if you are in a channel with multiple games going on then use of in game chat for each individual game is common courtesy. If 2 platoons are in the same game together than they should be given the right to use that channel to talk to each other. If you don't like it, grab a platoon channel.

Second, we've had a lot of people in TS3 lately and it's not unusual to see different groups of tiers being run in multiple platoons. Ideally these groups should separate into different platoon channels right off the bat to prevent confusion. Even better if we can be given the ability to change the platoon channel name to reflect the tier range being used! Not sure if this is possible but it would make it easier for people coming onto the server to figure out what is going on.

A lot of this is taking place informally anyhow. Just wanted to get it down
    "on paper". :)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Re: TS3 Usage

Good thoughts Bernout. Unfortunately, rights to alter channel properties on the fly are limited to those with game officer or higher privileges on the TS server. However, if we would like channels changed to reflect tier ranges, we can do that on a permanent basis.

I'd suggest having four channels:
    Tier 1-3
    Tier 4-5
    Tier 6-7
    Tier 8+

Of course these channels would only reflect the highest tier tank being run in that platoon (i.e. - I'm running an IS-3, Mach is running an ISU-152 and Nomad is running an Easy-8. Two 8's and a 6, so we'd use the Tier 8+ Channel).

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
      I'd suggest having four channels:
      Tier 1-3
      Tier 4-5
      Tier 6-7
      Tier 8+

Of course these channels would only reflect the highest tier tank being run in that platoon (i.e. - I'm running an IS-3, Mach is running an ISU-152 and Nomad is running an Easy-8. Two 8's and a 6, so we'd use the Tier 8+ Channel).
      Sounds like a great idea to me! :D

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

For the tier channels, think it should be T 1-3, T4-6, T7+, simply because in those tiers, your frequently getting similar level tanks.

Comment

I agree and it is a great idea. You started a thread that I was going to start. I will take care of the line up this morning.

Also I need to touch on something else. Their are a few people that have voiced concerns on all the chatter in the channel. If you notice there are people that move to different channels so that they can have in game voice heard instead of all the non-game chatter. There is a channel that I created for that. The other concern was the language in channel. Concern it that some people use speakers and have kids in and out of ear shot. Please read the above sticky and understand the rules of T/S as they will be enforced.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Channel's have been edited, so lets make sure we start using them.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X