Tank Hit Point Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Hit Point Discussion

Please give us your take on the hit points of all tanks so we can update this thread as the info becomes available.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Re: Tank Hit Point Discussion

Well good idea bubba. Do you just mean the location of subsystems?

Only issue I see with this though, is that combat and damage has a lot of different factors involved, including gun, distance, angle, and even a bit of random chance.

Comment

I found this for certain weak points in armor of certain tanks if you guys want to check this out, it's all up to you :)

but after this update where all armor gets changed this will be a bit more usless.

http://wotskins.wordpress.com/category/misc/skin-pack/

Comment

Ugh. Now THAT, is something I don't think we should condone here at TG, and question why the devs haven't restricted things like that.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Agreed, that pack is pretty lame. That kind of borderline exploitation is generally frowned upon in other title around here as well.

Comment

One could consider it a learning tool; a newer player or a player seeking to improve their game could use it to learn where to hit enemy tanks, then return to the old skins.

Personally, the loss of immersion and graphical appeal would outweigh any potential minor improvements in performance although I have considered trying that skin pack out.

I was actually going to suggest that until I saw it had already been posted. I don't see why you see this as so much worse than sharing photos or drawings of weak spots. In addition to knowing the weak spots it also requires a great deal of skill to properly position your tank and successfully hit the sweet spots and in the chaos of battle not everyone is able to determine all the crit zones through their own trial and error.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

The pack could be used to get the images that Bubba has asked us to post. The only thing, considering how many tanks there are, would be getting "all" the tanks on the list.
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I'm not sure how practical it is to look up this info on the fly during a battle anyhow which makes the skins awfully appealing until you learn what you need to know. No matter how you feel about the "ethics" of using the skins, the facts remain that they are publically available and you can bet pretty good odds that our competitors in tournaments and clan wars are going to be using it. My understanding is that it is a client side only modification so there is no way for the developers to moderate it.

I agree that it kills the immersiveness of the game. I'd rather ask people in TS3 about weak spots since we have a lot of knowledgeable players.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Personally I'd rather just have the images available to reference when needed than have rainbow tanks running around the battlefield.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Scattershot View Post
                    Personally I'd rather just have the images available to reference when needed than have rainbow tanks running around the battlefield.
                    Agreed, that is why I want to have the pictures available for a reference only. The skins in my mind should not be used. Even though they are available on the net to download that is where they should remain. This thread and the picture thread I believe would be more beneficial in the long run. Just my 2 cents.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

The skins only work in game so there is no way to static shots of the tanks in the garage and I won't install them under those conditions. Any other suggestions on how to get the images?
                      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

you can create a practice battle...

Comment

Also, they will show up in the garage.
                          It's not what you know,
                          It's not who you know,
                          It's what you know about who you know.

[TG]BlackBart / [TG]FatalCure

Comment

Here's how you do it: create a backup of your default skins before installing the "cheat" skins. Then install them, create a practice match with the tanks involved, take loads of screenshots. Then overwrite with your original files. Boom, back to normal.

Comment

I spoke with a player who tried them and was told they weren't active in the garage. The practice match could work but still leaves us "fishin" to get all the images.
                              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X