in a Dilemma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in a Dilemma

So i now have the money to get the jagpnz4. But after reading several WoT threads regarding that td it seems that it has serious problems penetrating tanks at higher tiers then itself. So my dilemma is whether i should just assume that most the players using that td shoot at weird angles and i should get the td anyway. Or just grind xp in my panzer4 and get the vk3601.

Note im asking for help as this td costs a lot of creds and it'll be awhile before i can get anything else.

paranoia!!
    |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
    Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
    sigpic
    Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Re: in a Dilemma

I dont particularly care for the German TD line. The armor is good, but once you get past the Marder, the guns start to take a low stance. The hetzer is a pain because the aiming angle is so narrow that anything outside of 5 degrees requires you to turn the tank. The stug is ok for its tier, but not great. The JP4 is very much meh. The JPanther is back to being ok. The Ferdi has the best armor for any TD (and most tanks) at tier 8, but the gun is pretty lacking. The JTiger is ridiculously underpowered gunwise.

So basically, its up to you. If you think you can make a go of it, do so. Remember that 99% of the players in this game play with a severe skill handicap, so you're going to be head and shoulders above the rest from the get-go. But if you really want to do some damage in TD's, I'd say scrap the german line and respec in russian TDs.

Comment

I hate the VKs which either means they are a damn good tank or the players that play them are exceptionally good. As Ferris hinted I suspect the former in most cases. ;) Get the VK.

I especially like how I've had shots bounce on them even when hitting their underside as they are cresting a hill. lol

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

I currently have a King Tiger and a fully upgraded Jagdpanzer 4. The VK3601 is an awesome tank and you will no duobt enjoy it. But, unless you intend to go for high tier german heavies, I wouldn't bother with the Tiger as it's a long and tiring grind. I will say that the Jp4 does have some issues penetrating the frontal armor of higher tier heavies. But, the German guns do have a relatively high rate of fire and if you can engage side armor on the higher tiers you will be fine. The Jp4 may not be a particularly good tank, but it's far from being a bad one IMO. The Tiger, on the other hand, is terrible.

Comment

The Tiger has issues, but it needs a good driver too.

Keep in mind that the German tree is supposed to get a spattering of buffs in the future, including an increase in the Tiger's max speed to 38 km/h and an undisclosed camo buff to German heavies (which literally have 5% camo or less after the VK3601) additionally the 88 L/56 is supposed to get a penetration increase, which should help when they designate the VK3601 a heavy tank. (Sad face)

Driving the Tiger you will feel like a giant bag of hitpoints that everyone can penetrate though. You draw a lot of fire due to your reputation, your gun and ease of penetration as well. The module damage and fire risk I find is played up, I don't find it much worse than many other tanks.

I have to disagree with Ferris about German TDs. The Ferdi mounts the same massive gun as the Maus and the JT has an even more powerful one. Both are dead accurate and more than twice the penetration of the top Russian TD gun. Be advised though that after the JP4, German TDs have NO inherent camo values (along with the German heavies, this is known as the 'camo bug' and is scheduled to be rectified in the future).

Correction: Those camo comments are outdated. The devs are alleged to have done a complete overhaul of camo values for all vehicles, rendering my sources out-of-date.
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Besides, the Jag4 is a money making machine. coupled with a cautious driver who is aware of the tanks weaknesses and plays to its strength - accuracy at range and low frontal profile.
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

ill see how my luck plays out with the jag4.

Currently its not looking good
              Last edited by Dengoru; 05-21-2011, 10:53 PM.
              |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
              sigpic

Comment

Extra note: upon convincing from vitamin ill also be going down the m26 Pershing medium tank line as well.
                Ill still continue down the German td line.

ill need help however .. pubbies cant be trusted.

Mostly... most of the time
                |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...