What do we want to do.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we want to do.

In T/S tonight there were some comments made that we should hold off doing anymore clan wars until we tier up some more. What do you think.
    Continue as we are and take our chances?
    31.82%
    Wait two weeks and tier up the best we can?
    18.18%
    Wait a month and tier up the best we can?
    50.00%

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Re: What do we want to do.

I vote to wait a month and get tiered up the best we can. My reason is the clan that beat us tonight knows what we have and can just follow us around and do it again.

Comment

Agreed. If we look at the map, its slowly becoming obvious that there are two types of winning clans:
      1. Clans that have 100+ people or multiple Clans (like EGO/EGO-A) under the same banner and can field 5-10 teams of 15 without breaking a sweat.
      2. Clans that have entire teams of tier9/10's.

We're just not cut out for domination at the moment, and anyone we come up against, like we did tonight, is gonna know it. I think we're better off grinding out our big guns and then making a big push. Also, I'm hoping that the front page article we have going up in the next couple days will bring us some fresh blood. I'd love to have to have two TG clans because we have too many players for one.

Bottom line here, its a simple choice: keep playing now and risk massive repair bills and wasting a lot of time with losing battles, or revisit CW in a month or two when we're poised to do something worthwhile. I vote the latter.

Comment

Clan Wars and Tank Companies are both geared to higher tier tanks; there's little point putting in the effort of showing up night after night until we stand a reasonable chance of winning based on skill and not tank loadout.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Well I am the vote for keep going. Right now I don't think we are that far off. We have good enough td's and heavies/meds only need about another tier. Arty, we need a few more players to step up and start using them.

I say we keep going, just casualy. If we have 15 people on, why not go for an attack. Best case, we win and get some gold. Worst case, we got a battle with all of us on the same team.

What we need more is players, and someone who joins today will be more than a month away from being able to jump into company battles.

And, maybe we should toss this in the private forum.

Comment

Here is a list of things that I have noticed in the last three days of playing clan wars:

1. We have had 20+ people in the Teamspeak 3 WoT channel, someone made the comment that we looked like the ArmA:2 channel
            2. We have had people getting really fired up about tiering up, especially from the newer players because they want to participate in the Clan Wars battles
            3. We have had a recruiting drive in the World of Tanks community. This Clan Wars has really pushed our morale to high, it's given us the taste of both bitter defeat but most importantly sweet victory.
            4. We have organized our community, and have more leadership
            5. We have reached out to other communities, and made new friends
            6. We have had fun

Now obviously we can't take and hold a province right now. It's clear that we don't have the tanks/manpower to really be a competitor for clan wars at this time. All of the above mentioned items are not exclusive to clan wars, in fact almost none of them have to do with clan wars. But I think that our participation has been beneficial to our community.

What we now face is getting wiped off the map. Which was always a very likely possibility, but I think its a little too early to throw in the towel, I think we should continue fighting even if it means we have to try a couple different landing spots. All the while we need to continue to tier up and recruit. If we can get 100 members that all have a Tier 7 at the minimum we can have a corner of the map that permanently says TG. People can and are getting to that level with extreme ease (take Dave for example), and I am hopeful that our front page article will convince some more TG'ers to come play with us.

TL;DR, Clan Wars has really brought our community together and I would love to continue to participate in competitive gaming as I think we have only the sKUY, err sky, as our limit ;)

Also we are 4-2 in our Clan Wars record, so things are still looking somewhat optimistic

Comment

I am not throwing in the towel. I understand that we are growing and that we have the potential of going along way. My point of view is that after last night we were shown that we can be defeated and that they are a very real threat to follow us to the province we hold now and remove us off the map. Then there was talk about going elsewhere and land. That in itself will put a strain on our players because it will change the times people can play.

We are having a good time playing the game and we are all still excited in the fact that we have a great clan. Myself personally I would like to see us more seasoned and better equipped to engage the clans that want to wipe us off the face of the earth. To me it is no problem how we do it. All I ask is that we get a feel of how our community wants to go.

Comment

Yea I see what you are getting at bubba. I think part of the reason I say keep going is because I have a tank which can do something in those battles, and am normally at the back so not seeing everything that is going on. If I was forced to fight those t10's in a is or tiger, I might be felling different.

Both way's I will understand why, I just think keep going. Even in the ones we lost they where probably some of the best games I have had.

Comment

I think we should keep pushing. I think that it is fun even if we do lose because we get to have a match with 15 of close teammates. I see your point exactly Bubba but its not like we aren't going to advance if we continue to play Clan Wars. We will still continue to get better and we will start to win more and more matches, even if we do lose most of the time. And a win = free gold. Well my point applies as long as we have 15+ people in TS. If we don't, we should probably not play on that particular night, but if we have above 15 players on the TS channel I think we should go for it.
                  sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Personally I would recommend that we go back to fighting company battles for now instead of Clan Wars... sure we will lose a lot, because we don't have a lot of upper tier tanks. But it will help us learn to fight together as a team better, and to hammer out good solid tactics for each map. The advantage to fighting against the hard learning curve is simple. Once we are higher tier, we will be that much better, because we are used to fighting much more lopsided battles.
                    It's not what you know,
                    It's not who you know,
                    It's what you know about who you know.

[TG]BlackBart / [TG]FatalCure

Comment

The "cost" to continue is minimal and isn't any worse than any other battle we face but a chance to play with an entire squadron of TG is to good to pass up. This is all part of the learning curve and the game is Beta so hopefully Wargaming will learn and have a three tier approach (light, medium, heavy - points limits and penalties for fielding to few tanks) so that everyone will get involved (think of the gold that is spent on each round). Its obvious that we could use the "practice" to improve our teamplay and expectations especially deployment and stacking at choke points.

Special kudos go out to Vinman, BadBest, and Drifterdave who have been there each night ready to play and been bumped for other vehicles.
                      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
                        The "cost" to continue is minimal and isn't any worse than any other battle we face but a chance to play with an entire squadron of TG is to good to pass up.
                        I'd have to disagree here. The actual cost of the tanks plus the ammo may not be high, but the morale cost is. After tonight's battle, I'm done with clan wars until such a time as we can field a competitive team. I'm sorry gents, but I'm not going to spend 20-30 minutes or more sitting around waiting to play a single battle that we have a 90% chance of losing.

Everyone has figured out at this point that if you're not running a full compliment of Tier 8/9/10 tanks, you're probably not going to win, so thats exactly what they're doing. Talking about "I hope they make X change or Y change to bring some balance into it" is just wishful thinking and doesnt go anywhere.

As much fun as I have playing a battle with 14 other TG guys, its only fun if we actually get a BATTLE and not a 3-minute lesson in "bring better tanks plz, kthx". All that does for me is puts a sour taste in my mouth and makes me not want to play for the rest of the day. I feel like my time was wasted and I feel like we knew it was going to happen, so I'm just not going to do it anymore. Theres no sense in walking away from battles feeling like I was trying to pee up a rope.

Once we get to the point in a few weeks or a month or however long it takes to be competitive, OR WarGaming makes a change to clan wars to make it so that you dont have to be running endgame tanks to stand a chance, I'll come back and participate. But for the time being, I'll just be playing regular old WOT.

Comment

I am in. Have to level up since the wipe in the beta, but give me a week or so and lets see. In the mean time we can continue to raid the servers together, simultaneously joining at the same time on the same team always helps to level up quickly.

Comment

Well something I think we all forgot about is company battles. I know it was tried a week ago but we have all moved up that tier since then. In our clan wars battles we have put up about 110 points which is 20 higher than the limit. Just thinking that might be a way to get our tg fix and still be able to give em a fight.

Comment

After talking with Bubba, I think the best thing for us to do is not wait a specific amount of time but rather wait until we can field half a team of tier 9's. I think if we have 7 Tier 9's and 8 Tier 8's on a team we could still be competitive.

Thoughts?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X