new bee question...spotting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new bee question...spotting

When is an enemy spotted? When does the red dot show up in the map. Is it when I see it and it turns reds or do I need to do something to cause it to be spotted for all to see?:row__637::icon5:
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Re: new bee question...spotting

Nope, nothing special is needed for spotting enemy units. As long as you see the tank, he is spotted. To let others see the enemy unit, they just need to be radio range.

Comment

Thanks Hellswaters for the info.
      The Old Guy
      kin3
      sigpic

Comment

Anytime a enemy is visible, he is spotted. This doesnt necessarily mean he has to be in the open either. He can be spotted in bushes, behind rocks, etc. There is a window of time for visibility in which you remain spotted, even if you move behind cover, but its not very long (a couple seconds, max).

As far as relaying the message to your teammates, every tank is equipped with a radio. The radios have a specific range and are upgradeable as you progress. If an enemy is within your sight range, he is visible to you. He is also visible to anyone whose radio range overlaps yours.
        This diagram illustrates how the radio works:

Comment

Good explanation Ferris, enjoyed the diagram.

Now what does the radio man do? does it contribute to the range? or does it just relay the information more quickly and accurately ? (since sometimes u will see that red diamond but it will not move since it was "old" intel and then it will suddenly jump to the correct place of the enemy tank as new intel came in)
          sigpic lTG-Irrl Ashikabi

Dont get STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) from your STD (Short Term Decision) LOL
          ~My Sister~

Comment

If your radio man is injured your radio range is reduced to 50%. Also I believe you receive updates from other people's spotting slower.
            It's not what you know,
            It's not who you know,
            It's what you know about who you know.

[TG]BlackBart / [TG]FatalCure

Comment

Oh, and forgot to mention, the radio operator's skill level effects your range too. If he has a 50% skill level, then your radio is operating at 75% of it's potential range.
              It's not what you know,
              It's not who you know,
              It's what you know about who you know.

[TG]BlackBart / [TG]FatalCure

Comment

And in addition to that, the farther away the enemy is, the less frequent enemy position is updated (up to 4 seconds as far as i know). This leads to moving tanks "jumping" in your sights at extreme ranges (~500m). That has nothing to do with your internet connection or fps (as some people believe).
                Calling yourself Michael Wittmann in WoT is about as creative as calling yourself Gimli in WoW. Still there are hundreds of them! I fear for humanity....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X