Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinning (starting with Leo)

Hio!

So I found no thread concerning skinning of tank models in WoT here. So I thought I start one. Sorry if I missed a possible already existing one.

I played aroud a little with GIMP and the WoT skins and came up with a skin for my nice little Leopard. Here are a few screens.

Feel free to use it. Also got a version without the bad words on the back of the turret.

Download
    Profanity free
    Calling yourself Michael Wittmann in WoT is about as creative as calling yourself Gimli in WoW. Still there are hundreds of them! I fear for humanity....

Re: Skinning (starting with Leo)

Ok, ok, I forgot to add a few skinning basics. Your Tank skins are located in your \gamedir\res\vehicles\ folder. There you got a seperate folder for each nation. In that you will find a folder for each seperate tank (G26_VK1602 in case of my litle Leo here). There you got some .dds files. You will need to replace the VK1602.dds file with the one you download from my link (rename it so it fits the original. Backup the original one. I just added some suffix - remove that).
    Calling yourself Michael Wittmann in WoT is about as creative as calling yourself Gimli in WoW. Still there are hundreds of them! I fear for humanity....

Comment

Looks nice, needs ramming plates on the front :)
      It's not what you know,
      It's not who you know,
      It's what you know about who you know.

[TG]BlackBart / [TG]FatalCure

Comment

Nice man :)
        sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Am I right in thinking that only you can see your custom skin? It's not like World in Conflict where everyone can see it, is it?
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
            Am I right in thinking that only you can see your custom skin? It's not like World in Conflict where everyone can see it, is it?
            For now you are the only one seeing skin. Some rumors are around that this will be changed. And everyone using one of your skins will look just like you ingame (all enemy leos have my nice skull-skin too).

Comment

Originally posted by Cimex1105 View Post
              For now you are the only one seeing skin. Some rumors are around that this will be changed. And everyone using one of your skins will look just like you ingame (all enemy leos have my nice skull-skin too).
              Ok, thanks for the info.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

how did you do it? Was it really difficult?
                What's weird about a young goats head, smoking a joint, tied with a scarf to a mobile artillery gun? - Jeepo

Killing threads since 2007

| |

Comment

Well I just tried skinning also. Simple but effective.

Here is how I did mine. Note: I cannot find a working dds converter for Photoshop CS5, so if anyone finds a working one send it over. I do not know how to use gimp other than the basic stuff.

I used gimp + dds converter to open up the KV.dds skin file.
                  I then saved the image as a png with all layers.
                  Opened the png with Photoshop CS5 did all my editing, then saved as a png.
                  I then opened the png in Gimp and saved as the kv.dds in the default location, opened the game and presto.

Comment

I just did the editing outright with gimp. It's not that hard, just needs some getting used to. On the european forum we got a nice thread concerning skinning:

Click me!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X