Cap scores when all enemy tanks are killed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap scores when all enemy tanks are killed

To everyone who insisted that capturing an enemy base while simultaneously destroying all enemy tanks gave the winning team/the cappers more score:

Before the last tank was killed and my cap counter cleared, I was at 68%, and the only one in the enemy base. Note the "0%" in "base capture" at the bottom.
    Attached Files

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
    --BlackMirror
    <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
    Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
    --Blackraven93

Re: Cap scores when all enemy tanks are killed

Nah we ment if you capped out and killed everybody you would get both, but you have to cap them out too no just partially!
    |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

There is a delay between win conditions being fulfilled and the round ending. I believe -- and I haven't timed this -- that the capout win condition delay is longer than all enemies killed win condition delay. If you fulfil the cap win condition, and then kill the last remaining enemy, then you will still only fulfil one win condition -- and the respective delays will determine which. Even if you're at 100% cap, but you've killed the last tank too soon, you will get no points for the cap if the "all enemies destroyed" condition is the one that triggers round-end first.

Further, the only ones benefiting from a capout rather than just killing the last tank are the ones doing the capout. The rest of the team gets nothing for it.

There is one scenario in which you can have your cake and eat it, too: When you've completed the capout condition, *and* killed the last tank with too little time for the "all enemies killed" condition to trigger. In this case, the added benefit depends on your perspective. If you're assuming the round would have been won by capout, the one benefiting is whoever killed the last enemy. Alternatively, if you're assuming the last enemy would have been destroyed regardless, the ones benefiting are the people who contributed to the cap. It's also a damned hard timing trick to pull off.

--BlackMirror
      <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
      --Blackraven93

Comment

Yeah but it happens often enough that its nice to add the points to your totals.
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

At the end of a round, if it's an option, I always hear people say to Cap them out rather than killing off the remaining tanks. They say you get more exp or credits, but honestly it doesn't feel like you get more points for capping them out. Always feels like I get more points for damaging/killing every tank I can including the last few.
          "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
            Yeah but it happens often enough that its nice to add the points to your totals.
            Bronco, how often does it happen? I wish WoT statistics were more detailed... I've not been keeping count, but of the rounds I've won that were won by capout -- which is already less than 50% of the time at my tier -- I'd say the last tank was killed in fewer than 1% of cases. And when you do try, if you're the one doing the killing of the last tank, you're taking the risk of the cappers losing their cap bonus. A bit of a prisoner's dilemma situation, isn't it? There's little to no reason for you to hold off on the last kill, unless you're also the one doing the capping (which is a vanishingly small possibility -- if you could see the last enemy tank from their cap radius, that tank would be firing on you to break the cap).

I'm betting the whole "it's more points" story started out by someone wanting to get the cap bonus, and trying to give the other team members an incentive to not kill that last tank before the cap was finished.

--BlackMirror
            --Blackraven93

Comment

Personal experience has shown me that I have gotten my cap points even though the round was won by killing all the enemy tanks and as I'm at about 300 on the cap points list, its often enough not to be rare.
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X