French Tanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Tanks

So, I have been messing around with the French tanks on the test server. And I'd like to give them a small review that explains what they are like and an overall verdict.

French Mediums: These tanks are very tiny, they look like they were created for midgets. They go very fast and they have decent guns with auto loaders that allow them to fire very fast. They are a force to be reckoned with. However, they are considered light tanks by the game, and as such, they get very little armour. Almost anything can pierce a French medium, so they die very quickly. The tier 8 and 9 French and mediums are a bit different from the lower tier mediums though. These two tanks are much larger, almost the size of heavies, but with much less armour. In my opinion, the French tier 8 and 9 are terrible because the only advantage they offer over other nation's mediums is an auto loader.

Verdict on French mediums: Not worth the effort. They have little to no armour and are too vulnerable to everything. If you enjoy playing A T50-2 or Chaffee, then the French mediums are very similar to those, and you may get enjoyment out of them.

French Heavies: The French heavies are quite interesting. They have a decent amount of armour, and are able to bounce some rounds. Early on, they are a bit slow but they are on par with everything the other nations have to offer. At tier 6, the French get the ARL 44 which is a superb heavy. It is quite possible that the ARL44 will become the dominant tier 6 heavy. At tier 7, the AMX M4 1945 is quite decent, and it has a gun that can hit well above its tier. At tier 8+, the French heavies get auto loaders and a huge increase in speed. The Tier 9 and 10 heavies are capable of going 65kmh. However, this added speed and fire power comes at the price of armour. Their armour is decent, it can withstand tier 7 guns. However, anything passed that has a likely hood of piercing. Although, there is still a chance of a bounce. The Auto loader makes up for this though. When mediums try to attack a tier 8+ French heavy, they are destroyed very quickly by the powerful cannon that shoots at very fast speeds. The auto loader is also great for dealing damage to other heavies.

Verdict on French heavies: Definitely worth the effort. They have adequate armour and good guns. Later on, they gain the advantage of speed and fast firing auto loader assisted guns. The French heavies are better than US heavies. They can kill anything quickly, and that is worth it.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Re: French Tanks

Thanks for the info! I am itching to give the heavies a run. (now if that American patch would come out....I am ready for the 2 new American heavies)
    sigpic

Comment

All I want for Xmas is the new Russian tanks.
      Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
        All I want for Xmas is the new Russian tanks.
        Unfortunately they won't come until next year at earliest.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Comment

Thanks for the write up. I am looking forward to see what the Russian patch will do. I may check out the French tanks when and if they come out.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Just to add, French heavies tier 8+ have oscillating turrets that have terrible armour and very little gun depression. These tanks cannot be used for hull down what so ever.
            |TG-73rd|Socomseal
            |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I havent played the heavies yet but i have to disagree about the meds. The tier 7 light tank with the 90mm is a monster if you use it right. Me, Mach10 and Tralic were playing tonight with them and were domination almost every round. With and 6 round auto loader and a speed of 63 mph, you can zip in kill something and zip out with out much trouble. Imagine a T50-2 with a Pershing gun that can fire 6 rounds accurately in about 10 seconds. Admittedly the armor is weak but you have to hit me first and I still have 1100 hp to run with. When used right you can kill almost anything, tonight me and Mach10 dropped an IS-7 in under 30 seconds.

I also just got the 100mm for the tier 8 medium, and even though the tank is huge like socom said I can ice a lowe in 5 shots at full speed then take off.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Just like I said, the French mediums are very similar to tier 5 scouts, except with a much better armament. If you enjoy playing tier 5 scouts, you'll love the French mediums, if not, then you probably won't like them. The lack of armour can get frustrating for some.

As far as the Lorraine 40T tier 8 medium goes, it looks like an exact copy of the AMX100, which is the French tier 8 Heavy. It even gets the same gun. The difference is that the Lorraine gets less health and less armour, so there is almost no chance a round will bounce off the Lorraine while there is a slight chance of bounce off of the AMX100. I don't see a purpose to the Lorraine because its a downgraded version of the AMX100 at the same tier.
                |TG-73rd|Socomseal

Comment

ill probably be going down the heavy route to.

only problem i see so far is alot of the higher tier tanks have very little armor especially the sides.

Several of them are 40mm of side armor or lower!
                  |TG-Irr|CrazyDengoru
                  Yes i watch and read mlp:fim related videos and fanfics. Problem?
                  sigpic
                  Steam ID: CrazyDengoru

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...