Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Wargaming.net

Folks,

Apophis has been approached by the Public Relations person at Wargaming.net with an idea for an article for our frontpage. The angle will be the story of the company more so than its titles.

Apophis and I are making this open call to you all to post up some questions that we can ask Wargaming.net.
    We want to move fast as we've already lost a bit of time on this so if you all would, open up your brains and think of some good questions we can ask and then post them here.

Remember its about their company rather than about what tank is coming with the next patch, or how can i get into the Alpha for World of Warplanes, etc. I'm sure we'll need to mention their titles of course but think big thoughts here rather than specific questions about a given title.

We need your help. You all are the best people to ask these questions so let's have at it.

TIA,
    -Warlab

|

Re: Questions for Wargaming.net

I have a few:
    1.At what point did Wargaming decide to use a free to play model, and why?
    2. Did wargaming have much financial success when it was not making free to play games?
    3. Does wargaming intend to make any more standard titles IE: titles that cost money to purchase
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Awesome Socom !

Anyone else ??? Come on folks :)

|

Comment

How many titles are they currently working on and what are their plans for the future?

How many people are working on their development team and how many are working on individual titles?

What if anything did you learn from the World of Tanks development that you'll be able to apply to future titles?

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

I know that Wargaming has servers in Europe. Is the staff at Wargaming made up of an international cast of developers?

Are members of the development team have any military experience with tanks?

In doing research of the different tanks in the game, how much realism is taken into account for each model tank.

What was the inspiration for making a tank game this outstanding.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Come on folks, this a great time to to get TG on the Wargaming map. Maybe us kicking their butts in company battles with the other clan got us noticed. Speak up.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

What is their long term plan, for instance, where do they see themselves in 6 months? one year? five years?
              Is there a plan to shift more of their resources towards their new titles (WOP), or are the committed to WOT for the long haul?
              "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
                Come on folks, this a great time to to get TG on the Wargaming map. Maybe us kicking their butts in company battles with the other clan got us noticed. Speak up.
                Did we face Wargaming in a clan battle and win? I'm sorry I missed that!

What, (if anything) is Wargaming looking at after the current planned trilogy? (WoT, WoWP, and WoB/WoBS)

What made you decide to contact Tactical Gamer? (I assume they're contacting several communities for effectively free advertising but still, why TG?)
                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I love the scenery models like house, wheelbarrows,etc. What did you use to make them? What game engine do you use? Do you use "Speed Trees"?
                  The Old Guy
                  kin3
                  sigpic

Comment

What are you considering in terms of crossover between the 3 "World of ____s" games you are creating?
                    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Wargaming recently introduced skirmish competitions. These small limited match types and tier restrictions are great for groups of players who don't always have the 10-15 required for a bigger Tank Company or Clan-war battle, however their nightly requirement for play to achieve the goal is taxing on the casual player. Do you plan on supporting more game modes like this as a standard, similar to how random battle operates now to ensure that groups who's player base spans many different tiers of tanks can still enjoy the game together outside of the larger organized battles?

How do you as game designers weigh the demands of your community against your ideal standards towards the game?

Here at Tactical Gamer, simulation and authenticity are huge selling points for a player base within the community. As a company do you feel the authenticity you bring to your titles is a big part of what drives the development and continued success of your games?
                      sigpic

Comment

Very nice !!
                        Any more ?

I figure we'll give this another day or so then compile the questions and use them to assist with the article.

You all are great :)

|

Comment

The questions I had got asked, so i will expand on one;

My question is in relation to their staff. I'd love to know how large their staff was while creating WOT, where that staff is today and how large they plan it to be with WOT, WOWP and WOB on the market.

Also I would love to know if they have further plans for their tournaments. I would love to see an EVE style tournament, live streaming, commentators etc...

Thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

Questions sent to Wargaming.net PR manager.
                            Hopefully we'll have an article up in the next week or so.

Thanks everyone !!!

|

Comment

1) How do you plan on differentiating your military and first person shooter games from the apparent over-saturation of the current PC market place?

2) Can you give some advice and/or examples of the work required in growing a small development house into one offering numerous retail products and lessons learned.

3) How does Wargaming.net see itself leveraging the BigWorld engine and licensing model in a marketplace with the likes of the Unreal Engine, Unity Engine, ID Tech and Frostbite?

4) With Microsoft ending support for Windows XP in the end of 2013, how does Wargaming plan on migrating titles to other operating systems without alienating casual gamers?

5) Does the seperating of land (WoT), air (WoWP) and sea (WoB) theaters help the development process and time to bring a game to retail? Does it have a negative effect on market capitalization due to other games offering all 3?

6) What is WarGaming.nets opinion on the industry push of using HTML5 for games in the future for cross-platform development?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X