Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to bother, still need help.

Tips have helped a lot but still,

Im being put into games where people are 3-5 tiers above me, I am unable to do any damage aganist them.
    http://imgur.com/a/rijZE

Its getting to the point where I don't want to play since I can't do anything to 80% of the players on the enemy team.

I have tried flanking them, hitting the rear armor the turrets and the weakspots I know about on certain tanks so far and they all do little to no damage, Default shells or HE shells theres not a lot of difference.

Im getting roughly 100 xp a round because of this, I can either get no hits because Im dead or can't get a shot because im hiding after being hit and being left with 1%, so getting a better tank, which currently is 14000 xp for anything thats better then what I have will take weeks.

Im new but this just doesnt seem right at all to me.

Like am I doing something wrong?

Re: Sorry to bother, still need help.

Brain, I will be around over the weekend. Hit me up in ts and I'll do my best to get you sorted out. I have some liw tier tanks still kicking about, we can run a few games as a platoon and see if I can't get you going on the right track.

For the time being, what tier tank and type of tank are you running? If you are out tiered you might want to hang back for the first minute of the match and watch the mini map fir tanks that you can duke it out with. Or follow the strongest front, but hang back behind your big tanks and try to plinking away with HE. There are so many factors that are going on and some of those change drastically depending on which map, which mode, type of tank you are driving etc. Wot has some forums that may have a guide to the tanks or tanks you are driving. Check that out as well. They also have a wiki but I don't have that link on my iPad.

EDIT
    You are driving a scout tank. Scout/light tanks are weighted as +1 to their tier and will spend a good portion of their fights in higher tiered matches. I am by no means the best scout but I have a few of them kicking about my garage. I'll try and catch up with you over the weekend and see if we can cause some trouble.
    sigpic

Comment

Scout tanks aren't about dealing damage, unless they can break through and get to the enemy artillery.

Playing as a scout is a very challenging playstyle, and take a lot of experience to do well. Worse still, you are relying on good teamwork more than most tanks.

I've got a lot of pointers on scouts, but there are a LOT of good guides to scouting out there. Just search "World of Tanks Scouting Guide" on Google.

That being said, I would heavily recommend that scout tanks not be your primary line of research. They get mauled by the matchmaker, you will find yourself in very high tier matches more often than not and that is very hard on a new player.

Shop around and try out a heavy or medium line, or even tank destroyers.
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Here is a very detailed scout guide. Tazilon has obviously put a TON of effort in this and is a great read for anyone playing scout tanks.
        http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....th-maps-v7402/

It's for the Vk2801 - but is a good read with lots of information, detailed maps, strats, etc...

And for the record I love my cougar! (Vk2801 - Germany's tier 5 light/scout)
        sigpic

Comment

Ok I understand, A scout.

So if I don't want to be a scout I guess restarting at the PzKpfw II would be best, If Im thinking correctly.

Im unable to do a "scout" type because of my laptop, 5-20FPS faster I move lower it is.

Edit: The PzKpfw II was garbage, I still got to the next one, also garbage, Im hoping the medium one next will be much better, its going to take a long time to get XP Im averagin about 100 a match because still one shot kills to me and my guns do no damage.
          Last edited by Brainhurts; 07-12-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

For me, I didn't start getting into favorable matches until I hit Tier V (Panzer IV). It sucks, I know, but, at least for me, the game didn't really get fun (I.E. able to hold my own in a battle) until Tier V. It's one of WoT's Flaws, I guess.
            The beatings will continue untill morale improves.

Comment

One thing you can do is get a higher tier premium tank to generate some free XP to help with the upgrades and give yourself a change of pace. Also I wouldn't play without a Premium acct and the XP/credit bonus it gives.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Yea the problem is you are in a 38NA. It leads to the magnificent beast of fun the Pz4, however you must be very patient. A good scout can make or break a team, but you must get used to not firing a single shot sometimes until the game is almost 2/3rds of the way over. Remember though that once you hit tier V it all turns around as nearly every tier V tank is quite a bit of fun and effective for its tier level.

Assuming you are non-premium here are some stats to give a sense of the time needed to move on, as this is what my 38NA had once I had finally unlocked the Pz4. Also know that I kind of suck at scouting, so the first 20 or so games I did absolutely terrible.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Well another problem is its not a very fast tank for me, I have the engine upgrades and such and its still barely breaking 35.

Also spotting, Is it passive or something, because no one ever shows up for me.

http://i.imgur.com/3KST2.jpg

Im only 8000xp out of 14000 :/

Comment

Well, if you can tough it out, I'd say stick with the 38na as you are more than halfway there.

By your stats, you're actually not doing that bad in the 38na particularly for a new player in a scout tank.

The Pz4 will be worth the grind. It really is a standout in the German Medium line.

From that you can go to the VK3601 (in my opinion, the best all-round tier 6) and on to the legendary Tiger, (a competent tier 7 heavy) Tiger II, (Tier 8 God) E-75 (Tiger II on steroids)

Or whatever, really. The Pz4 can lead to every single high-tier German Heavy or Medium. (and soon TDs as well)

I don't think you'd enjoy the PzIIIa - PzIII - PzIII/IV grind as much as using the Pz4.

BUT my overarching advice would be to hop in TS! That increases your fun by up to 318%.
                    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I have went into teamspeak and theres was 2 people afk, I can try right now.

Im at 10k xp, my last few games have been in with the same tier area as me, so its been a good 300-600 a round.

I mostly want the tiger, Favorite WW2 tank, It just looks so beasty, and I hope one day for either the Maus or E-100 just because they are big mother hubbards.

Im on the PzIIa its almost to the PzIII

I die then I switch tanks, so I dont stay on the same one get angry because i keep dying with it, I have the M3lee M37, PzIIA, and the PZ38NA

Aside from the matchmaking problems wit the 38 everything is going good.

Comment

Sadly you must simply just push through the tier IV's, however you will not have many of the same heartaches if you treat the Lee as a TD rather than a medium tank, as essentially it is an underpowered TD. Yet, like the Pz4, the M4 and the easy 8 are well worth the grind. Overall the American mediums are quite a bit of fun, as are your current selected Heavy route, however as was mentioned above if I were you I would not bother with the Pz3 and instead focus on the other lines.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Yeah the M3Lee has a short firing arc and isn't great on the move.

So drop the Pz3, anything you suggest to pick up instead, Its not uncommon for me to have several of my tanks dead at once.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X