Which tank next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which tank next

OK, I am getting ready to buy my next tank, maybe you all can give me some advise.

Medium M48A1:

2000 Hit points
    45 km/h
    110/76/35 Hull armor
    178/76/51 Turret Armor
    180-300 Standard shell Damage
    130-216 Standard Shell Penetration
    10 rounds per min

Heavy T110E5

2200 Hit Points
    37 km/h
    254/76/38 Hull Armor
    203/127/70 Turret Armor
    300-500 Standard Shell Damage
    202-336 Standard Shell Penetration
    6 Rounds per min

Medium E-50 Ausf. M

2050 Hit Points
    60km/h
    120/80/80 Hull Armor
    185/80/80 Turret Armor
    293-488 Standard Shell Damage
    203-338 Standard Shell Penetration
    6.25 Rounds per min

Medium T-62A

1950 Hit Points
    50 km/h
    102/75/45 Hull Armor
    240/161/65 Turret Armor
    240-400 Standard Shell Damage
    198-330 Standard Shell penetration
    9.09 Rounds per min

Tank Destroyer Obj. 268

1950 Hit Points
    48 km/h
    120/60/50 Hull Armor
    638-1036 Standard Shell Damage
    227-379 Standard Shell Penetration
    3053 Rounds per min

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Re: Which tank next

No advice, only jealousy.

If I had to pick, I would probably say give the T-62a a try. It's bound to be a great jack-of-all-trades.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

TD all the way. Got to love that big gun
      sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

M48A1 is a patton on steroids. Lower top speed, same armor deficiency the patton suffers from, everything else is WHOA! Accuracy is very solid, even at max range - add in it's rapid reload, incredibly fast aim time... Simply said I love it.

I know you love your USA mediums - you will def love this. As well as the T110E5, which is just a heavily armored pattton or fatton as ppl call it.

I have the T110E4 and M48A1 so far and I am SO happy I got them first. I am 10k exp from unlocking the E50M - and I will unlock it and wait to buy it. It looks like a slightly upgraded E50, so I am not 100% sure it is worth the 6.1 mil atm.
        sigpic

Comment

I picked up the M48A1 last night and really like it. I am working toward the big gun. I agree, my next tank will be the T110E5. Kin has the E50M and he likes it. I have watched the T62A in action and am up in the air on that one. I may pick it up later on.

Comment

The big gun on it really shines! Aim time of 1.7 0.o, add in 100% crew, vents and BIA and it is nuts, with a vert stab and snap shot it's insanely accurate even on the move.
            sigpic

Comment

I agree. I had a fantastic game. I got five kills two of them other M48A1's. I even got good penetration on the E-100 TD.

Comment

Now that I have an M48, I can't decide what tank to go for next.

I am getting close to unlocking my AMX50-120. However, I have also just researched the Panther 2. The downside about the Panther 2 is, I don't have the top engine unlocked, and until the Panther 2 gets the top engine, it will not be a good tank. To get the top engine, I would need to go through the Tiger. However, to get to the Tiger, I would first have to play the VK3002DB.

I really can't decide, any suggestions?
                /Thread hijack
                |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Why go through the 3002DB?

Although I have heard that it's a fine tank in it's own right, I would suggest going to the Tiger through the VK3601.

That thing is a Gem in the German line. Good damage, good accuracy, good armor, good speed, good dynamics. In fact, I would call it the best all-round tier 6, bar none. I have almost 400 battles in it, with a 69% win ratio. It rocks.

That being said, I'd grab the 50-120 first. The sooner you can start chipping away towards the tier 10, the less of a grind it will seem.

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I have already played through the VK 3601 to get to the DB. It was an ok tank. But it costs far more XP to get to the Tiger from the VK 3601 than it does from the VK 3002DB.

Thing is, I want a 50-120, but I also really want to get to an E50.
                    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Isn't it going to be a whole lot less work just to tough it out in the Panther II until you can afford the top engine?

You can still do good work with the long 88 from a distance, it's not like it's really a flanking medium anyway.

Comment

I suppose I could still do decently without the top engine. But the Panther 2 will never reach its top speed and it will have terrible acceleration. It will be armed with the same gun as the Panther 1 but be far more sluggish. That seems like it will be a very difficult grind.
                        |TG-73rd|Socomseal

Comment

I like my Panther II. I use it alot as a sniper with the long 88. The 50-120 is a good sniper also. You can chip away at a lot of tanks. The E-50 is a solid tank. I am looking at either the T110E5 or the E-50M as my next tanks.

Comment

I've decided to go with the 50-120, as its gun is simply too good to pass up.

As for you Bubba, go for the T110. The T110 is like a slower M48 but with far more armour which can bounce a lot.
                            |TG-73rd|Socomseal

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X