Want To Start Getting Into Clan Wars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want To Start Getting Into Clan Wars

I am currently grinding up higher and higher tiers of TDs and Heavies. What I would like to do is get the "clan" involved in some Clan Wars. I know its going to take a concerted effort from the group, but with the current number of active players I think we could probably do it. Thoughts?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Want To Start Getting Into Clan Wars

"To get started" would mean we need more and higher tiers than the Clan presently has. It is one of my goals but as before we need more time to recruit and possible get some of our original and beta players to return.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Hence the post, getting the ball rolling. Get on it "Deputy Commander" :p

With the increase in players that are on I'm sure we can start working towards building up the ranks/tanks towards some CW stuff

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

That's my end goal. I've picked a few tanks I'm going after, and have been grinding up the trees. I can't wait to get into clan wars. Who knows... maybe we'll hold some land and get gold!

Comment

Clan battles is a goal Bronco and I agreed on a while ago when we revived WoT here. Right now it's not quite doable as Bronco has pointed out. We'll need everyone to basically own at least two (correct me here Bronco) Tier 10 tanks so we each have a alternative backup when one is still in a battle.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Generally, you only need one (1) tier 10 as you have time between rounds, but don't let that stop you from having 5 or 6 tier 10's as that helps build choice. The ability to generate income from controlling territory is the number one reason to participate but being able to control enough to create any sizable gain requires a large (did I say LARGE) player base to be able to respond to any and all challenges.
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

This sounds like fun and I would like to participate. I might have to buy a tank as grinding all the way up may take awhile.
              sigpic

Comment

Maus ready, Maus smash!

Comment

to follow up on previous post. any suggestions on what would be a good tank to buy outright that would fit in well with what others have? I am currently working on TD's but could see playing as a heavy as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

To play clan wars you need tier 10's. If you win land you will need 3 or 4 tier tens. Because when you battle for land and die your tank is locked. A tier ten heavy will be locked for a week, some other for 4/5 days. And you can't win without tier ten tanks. As for the numbers, if you want to hold land you will need a lot of players because not everybody can play every night. And if you have land it will be every night. As for getting gold well the run of the mill clan will get some gold but not a lot. Let's say you have land and get 480 per day and you have 60 players to divide with it just doesn't add up. And you will have to shoot gold rounds in every battle because your opponents surly will.
                    The Old Guy
                    kin3
                    sigpic

Comment

Cheb you keep sending me invitations but it seem like i'm in a tourney or something every time. Keep sending I would love to play with you.
                      The Old Guy
                      kin3
                      sigpic

Comment

You almost certainly need multiple tier 10s to be effective in clan wars. Tank locking means if your tank is destroyed in any battle that isn't a landing tournament, it is unavailable for clan wars for up to a week. This chart is the only one I could find on short notice, and it's obviously outdated (for instance, it predates the existence of tier 10 artillery), but it's still correct for tier 10 heavies.

In essence, if you only have one tier 10 and you get killed in a CW battle, you're out of commission for a week. If your clan is fighting one battle nightly and loses about half the tanks per battle, after a week you've lost 40% of clan's fighting capacity -- and that's assuming all 100 people show up every single night. Your best players are all probably knocked out, so you're fielding a weaker team. If you're up against a weaker opponent who has a deeper tank pool, you'll lose to simple attrition. I've been in plenty of battles where the goal transitioned from "we need to win" to "let's lock as many of their tanks as possible."

This is well before we get into the subject of adapting strategy to available tanks. If your caller has one, and exactly one, tank line-up to choose from, their job becomes immensely more difficult.

Further, there are tanks which have been, over time, demonstrated to be inferior in a CW context. Some are highly situational (Maus, E100), others are just plain inferior to tanks filling the same role on a team (M48 will never get picked over a Leopard 1 or an STB-1).

None of this is to say that you must have six tier 10s before you can even consider CW participation. There are clans out there who can't even field a team of 15 tier 10s. There are clans out there who don't have good callers, and won't utilize their tier 10s effectively. But make sure that, before you dive into CW, you have the resources to actually put up a fight. It's incredibly frustrating to take a 3,000-gold piece of land only to lose it the next day because you could only put up six tanks for the defense battle.

Edit: Damn it! Had this tab open for a day, finish the post without updating, and kin3 has pre-empted my comment :)

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                        --BlackMirror
                        <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                        Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                        --Blackraven93

Comment

Of all the people that currently listed as active in TG WoT an willing to play in clan wars, how many of you have tier 10 tanks? Maybe we should get a feel for what we have. Also I know that a lot of tg members like to play lower tier tanks a lot(4-7), but if you have top tier tanks, play them. I know I haven't done clan wars in a long time but one thing that I still remember is, those other teams really know hot to utilize their 10's.

My suggestion is to just hold practices for now, learn every nook and cranny of each map and work on strategy. We don't need tier 10 tanks to do this, just enough people to field one team. Maybe down the road set up scrims with other clans to see how we would fair in a well organized battle. We also need to take the advise from some people that play in clan wars on a regular basis. Also take input from everyone that plays. I know that we have a WoT commander and deputy commander, but they are not always in charge of who does what in their tank. Yes they more than likely have more battle experience than you, but sometimes an unorthodox tactic can work really well. Try letting some people with less experience take the reigns and see how they do.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Thank you to [MENTION=3787]kin3[/MENTION], [MENTION=27294]Cheburash[/MENTION], and [MENTION=14641]Nomad[/MENTION] for all of your detailed responses. You guys have covered pretty much everything Bronco and I discussed over the last few months in terms of CWs while adding things neither of us know (or perhaps remember). Cheers for that!

As for the topic, we aren't ready for a CW yet. Of the active members, there is only a handful with Tier 10 tanks. The ones I know are: LpBronco, Nomad, Cheb?, kin3, John Flenaly?. My highest tier is still 8, so I still have a while to go before I even get a Tier 10 tank.

Originally posted by Nomad
                            My suggestion is to just hold practices for now, learn every nook and cranny of each map and work on strategy.
                            This. This is what we want to do in the future as more of our new recruits get into Tier 6+ tanks. The reason why I chose Tier 6 as a cutoff point in deciding how we do practices is the playstyle and some of the initial tactics are different to those of lower tiered battles. Also this is the tier usually when you will find heavier tanks being played. For those of us who play reguarly, we might know lots of great spots and effective strategies and I would love to have a open sharing of said strategies, hidey holes, and so forth to help facilitate and improve our chances when we do eventually get into a Clan War.

[MENTION=14641]Nomad[/MENTION],

As an aside, it seems every time I want to play with you I miss you. Either this is because you are in a battle or just don't check the clan messages in game. One of these days, I'll get you into one of our nightly platoons!

[MENTION=27294]Cheburash[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3787]kin3[/MENTION],

I want to play with you! Add me in WoT: Acreo_Aeneas
                            Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 04-24-2014, 08:06 PM.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

highest tier tank i have is a 6 :/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed