• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type 64: Platoons are the way to WIN.

detailed3 by Agapito Serrato III, on Flickr

detailed by Agapito Serrato III, on Flickr

detailed2 by Agapito Serrato III, on Flickr

Re: Type 64: Platoons are the way to WIN.

Wow...
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

So in keeping with the theme of the thread. I guess I'm going to keep this my Type 64 awesome thread. lol
      In this battle we were slated to win at about 38%.

Initially I decided to hang back and give support as it's a bare knuckled fight in the city. I saw a comet with a 60+ win rate on his tank and decided to stick with the comet for as long as I could. So we initially set up on the open city side of the map with the depression and some other tank decided they want to push. Well they push right into the teeth of an isu152 using the derp gun. Suffice to say on a tier 6 tank it didn't end very well.

So that ISU is trying to kill the comet but it's not working out and the comet has gotten both a fury and the ISU down to less than 300 hit points each. So i swoop in and kill the Fury and start banging away at the ISU when the comet finally takes it out.

At this point our team has pretty much been flanked and is getting torn to pieces as they are meeting 2:1 enemy resistance. Thankfully the tanks are pretty hurt and I am able to rack up a track... on a 38 hp VK2801 and then help the comet take out a T-150.

This is when a pesky e-25 shows up and with it's rapid refire rate. It's essentially like taking on two tanks in one. But I have the comet and we take the e-25 out. But the Comet is also taken out.

So now I am all alone against three tanks: S-51, St. Emil, and a Wolverine.

The Wolverine starts to engage me. But I am able to get away and put some city in between his gun and my soft sides. While I am eagerly escap... err I mean tactically moving my assets. The S-51 splashes ridiculuously close to me but misses totally and I easily take out the S-51.

In this meantime the St. Emil is capturing and the counter says 1 minute till they win. sigh
      At this point I am trying to figure out where the wolverine has gone and if it's trying to interdict me somewhere. This will not be the case and as it's gone back to help cap. I can feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins as I kill the wolverine from 200+ health and have an enemy team member type, "someone kill him for me".
      As you can see from the loss the St. Emil got me from being too overcommited and I should have zagged when I zigged. But oh well it was a really fun round in the WoT.

shot_020 by Agapito Serrato III, on Flickr

shot_021 by Agapito Serrato III, on Flickr

shot_022 by Agapito Serrato III, on Flickr

Comment

I move into the bush at the start of the game trying to get some initial passive spotting. But this would have been great if I only had remembered to pack my binoculars. So this was a fail on my part.

13:15 The mediums that pushed into the valley got too close for comfort.

12:"59 I decide to attack the Pz. IV S. and take him out.

12:30 So about now I figure that the mediums deserve some loving and since they pushed up alone so much they get what's coming to them.

11:24 a roaming e-25 gets some suprise but sex and this clears the way for me to attack...

11:15wait my platoon mate is in danger so I go to help him and I take out the SU-122-44 on the move!

10:45 I attack a vk 30.01P and go ring aroudn the rosy . Too bad he loses a track and gets taken out by the team.

VICTORY!

and yes I know experience was left on the table. But people can get too cocky and lose mathces that way. So I choose to cap when I can and my platoon mates supported me on that.

shot_029 by Agapito Serrato III, on Flickr

shot_027 by Agapito Serrato III, on Flickr

shot_028 by Agapito Serrato III, on Flickr

Comment

Holy cow...you penned 6 tanks and walked away with 2500+ dmg? Did you even take damage?
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X