No announcement yet.

Disappointing behavior, why to be thankful we are in a more professional clan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointing behavior, why to be thankful we are in a more professional clan

I don't know if this is one of our old enemy clans, or if this is just an example of why we are such a better clan to be in than some others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Disappointing behavior, why to be thankful we are in a more professional clan

PS - was I wrong about how that cap resetting worked ?

Comment

Re: Disappointing behavior, why to be thankful we are in a more professional clan

Ron, I may be wrong, but my understanding is that it doesn't matter what ammo you use provided you do actual damage or track the capper. Not 100% sure if there is a formula for how much of a reset you get - I thought a reset was a reset. Maybe we need to try a training room to confirm. I know that multiple tanks on cap have different reset values - the one on the longest without damage is the most valuable.

Comment

Perhaps it's somewhere in between. I was trained by one of the old clannies that damage alone with AP did nothing to the timer, but perhaps a "critical hit" like tracking does indeed either reset or knock-back the timer. I like & agree with your idea about going to the training room sometime to do some once-and-for-all testing on this.

Comment

Well, I have certainly reset my share of cap timers with AP, and I don't see how it could possibly have always been due to module damage/tracking. I know people often say to load HE to maximize the chance of tracking, particularly if your tank is "iffy" about penetrating the capping tank, but it definitely is not required to use it.

Comment

Confirmed that type of ammo does not matter for reset, knocking off hp and/or tracking the capping tank fully resets the cap timer for THAT tank. If there are more than 1 capper, the timer only resets the cap points that the target has earned. THEREFORE, make a serious effort to keep track of which tank got there first, as damaging a tank that has been there for 30 seconds is FAR more valuable than plinking the one that just drove onto the circle.

Comment

Thank you for helping me confirm that in the training environment. I believe I was instructed to do that specifically to avoid an incidental "bounce" that could lose the game due to a low RNG penetration roll. From now on, I'll just track em if in any doubt about my shot.

Comment

Wait did he just say that [MENTION=17044]LpBronco[/MENTION] has worse stats than him? Is he a blue player with at least 12k battles and played almost every tank in the game for over 100 battles? *goes off to check his stats*

Meh, the guy is essentially still a newbie at the game. Look at those battle stats: http://wotlabs.net/na/player/S_S_G_Morris

53k battles and still only ~1200 WN8. Recent is somewhat better, but still not on par with his high battle numbers. At 50k+ battles, he should be at least a bright blue player (or pink, early unicum). He is neither.

I don't know what tank he was in, but he is prodominately a heavy tank player and favors Russian and American heavies. He mostly has Tier 4/5/6 tanks with the majority being Tier 4. From the looks of it, he might even spam gold rounds and perhaps doesn't know where to shoot weak points?

Bronco is at least on par: http://wotlabs.net/na/player/Lpbronco

Dark green, though he's taken a bit of a tumble for recent WN8. Unfortunately, WN8 counts damage done heavily in scoring you. Whereas we focus on winning, supporting our members and the team, etc. Ironically, WG's default EFF rating is pretty good on this. You can also order by experience earned (a better metric than just damage dealt).
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Ron, thanks for the sentiment but posting these screens by passes the forum language filters and I'd ask that you don't do that again.

I give a rat's nose for WN8 as you can atest as winning percentage and EFF both need to be factored in to give an overall picture in my book.
                  Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Why even engage a griefer?

Yes, any damage will reset the cap points earned by the tank that you hit. Some folks like to shoot HE to reset since you can usually do at least some kind of module damage.

Comment

Hey S_S_G_Morris... says you're a "recruit" also...

1257 wn8, 49.52 win rate... all in 54k battles...

#learn2play

Message from Unicum.

Was it funny that this Morris guy is on my ignore list for some reason prior to this event? Not surprised...

Comment

To everyone in this thread.

Cap points reset every time you deal damage to an enemy vehicle or module on the vehicle. If you hit the enemy tank, penetrate, and deal damage it resets. If it hits any module and damages it (tracks included) it resets...

There are certain conditions!!!
                        Spaced armor, may count as a penetration on a enemy vehicle, but it does not count as damaging the vehicle, hence it will not reset the cap.

Hitting a external module such as the gun will only reset the cap IF it damages the gun.

How to solve some disputes.

If the enemy is capping, and you have the choice to fire AP, APCR, or HE here's the rules.

If the enemy is sitting on cap not behind any ruble, your BEST shell would be HE, it always deal damage (He deal damage upon impacting a tank even if it fails to penetrate). The only time a HE would not work is if it hits armor that is TOO think for any damage to be applied (T-44 100 mm firing at Maus), in which case you can always fire HE at the enemy tank's tracks and damage his module, resetting the cap.

IF the enemy is behind solid objects that can be broken by penetrating rounds IE, the ruble on the base cap, use your strongest penetrating shell. firing HE at the ruble on cap will not over-peentrate the ruble and will explode on impact with the ruble.

To give a few examples. You are in a Cromwell with the 75 mm Vickers gun (penetration with AP/APCR/HE is 145/202/38).

The enemy capping is a enemy T37 tier 6 American Light Tank... he is behind the ruble on your cap.
                        Firing HE? NO.
                        Firing AP? Yes
                        Firing APCR? Works, but not necessary.

Enemy on cap is a KV-4 tier 8 Russian Heavy Tank... he is in the middle of the open, showing his sides...
                        AP? No, not enough penetration.
                        APCR? High chance of penetration.
                        HE? Best option when resetting, since his entire huge tracks are exposed to you.

The enemy on cap is a tier 8 American Heavy MT Super Pershing... he is in the middle of the open and facing you.
                        Firing AP? No, not enough penetration, out of the question.
                        Firing APCR? Maybe, but chances of penetration are very low.
                        Firing HE? Yes, so long as you avoid his spaced armor, or hit his tracks.

Hope this helps anyone who plays WoT and is willing to learn. I will surely add it to my training session.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X