Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coldbore in the field with M249

Here I am in the field with my M249 SAW. The only thing is I am using a standard magazine instead of the 200 round box. This way sucks cause the mag spring is not very strong, so you get double feeds of the rounds quite often.
    These pics were taken about 3 years ago in CFB Gagetown, NB. I was thinner then. Now I am 200 Lbs. More muscle. Hope you like em.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coldbore; 09-07-2004 at 04:23 PM.
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Coldbore in the field with M249

Quote Originally Posted by coldbore
    Here I am in the field with my M249 SAW. The only thing is I am using a standard magazine instead of the 200 round box. This way sucks cause the mag spring is not very strong, so you get double feeds of the rounds quite often.
    These pics were taken about 3 years ago in CFB Gagetown, NB. I was thinner then. Now I am 200 Lbs. More muscle. Hope you like em.

"Burst The Bubble Time"

You are holding a C9....that's what we use...a C9...not a 249 or a SAW. If your instructors told you it was a SAW...they were incorrect.

The C9A1 Light machine-gun
    The C9A1 is a C9 Light machine-gun with an optical sight attached. The Minimi (a contraction of Mini-Mitrailleuse, or mini machine-gun) is fully automatic, gas operated and belt or magazine fed. It has an effective range of 600 metres. Within the rifle section, the C9A1 is used to provide covering fire for the manoeuvre of assault troops in the offence and to cover enemy approaches in the defence.

The C9A1 fires 700 rounds per minute and up to 1000 rounds per minute with the adverse setting. The calibre is 5.56 x 45 mm NATO. The C9A1 can be fitted with an optical sight and the Image Intensification Night Sight (Kite sight). The Army has used the C9A1 at home and abroad since 1986.

Armament:
    Cartridge: 5.56 x 45mm
    Rate of Fire: cyclic, 700-1,000 rds/min

Specifications:
    Operation: gas operated
    Mode of fire: automatic only
    Feed: belt or magazine
    Weight: 7.12 kg
    Length: 1.04 m
    Barrel: 0.53 m
    Rate of Fire: cyclic, 700-1,000 rounds per minute
    Effective Range: 600 m
    Entered service: 1986

And now for the SAW

M249 SQUAD AUTOMATIC WEAPON

Mission
    Deter, and if necessary, compel adversaries by enabling individuals and small units to engage targets with accurate, lethal, direct automatic fire.

Entered US Army Service

Description and Specifications
    A lightweight, gas-operated, one-man-portable automatic weapon capable of delivering a large volume of effective fire at ranges up to 800 meters. Two M249s are issued per infantry squad. It is scheduled to replace the M60 7.62 medium machine gun in certain units.

Caliber: 5.56 mm
    Weight: 16.5 lbs
    Max effective range: 1000 m (area target) 600 m (point target)
    Rate of fire: 750 rounds per minute

Manufacturer
    FN Manufacturing (Columbia, SC)

Point of Contact
    Office of the Chief of Public Affairs
    Media Relations Division
    1500 Army Pentagon
    Washington, DC 20310-1500
    703.697.7592 / 7591

"On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
    "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reffered it an M-249, but with some characteristical differences, it is mainly what the Americans call it, and when I refer to it as a C-9, they say ....huh...... It is so people can quicker connect to what it is. So sorry to offend you. We all know you know your weapons, you have been in the military a long time. I admit longer than me, but at least I ask questions when I see a confusing statement or comment, as somebody in your position would/should do. I don't belittle them, or try to make them feel stupid. As a team TG member, you should have the same values.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reffered it an M-249, but with some characteristical differences, it is mainly what the Americans call it, and when I refer to it as a C-9, they say ....huh...... It is so people can quicker connect to what it is. So sorry to offend you. We all know you know your weapons, you have been in the military a long time. I admit longer than me, but at least I ask questions when I see a confusing statement or comment, as somebody in your position would/should do. I don't belittle them, or try to make them feel stupid. As a team TG member, you should have the same values.

Well....I'm glad you know what I would and should do Coldbore. As for belittlement...I fail to see your example. If your skin is somewhat softer, than I apologize. But don't forget, we are in the Army, and you will refrain from telling me what I should and should not do.

I don't care how long you have been in the military, you made a statement which was inaccurate and false, misleading at the very least, I simply pointed that out with verifying data. If you would like to continue this further I would be more than happy to entertain you tomorrow at work. A word of advice however, suck back on your condescending tone with me in person or it's going to be a oneway conversation with you on the receiving end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm, yeah, and before Coldbore ends up with one less stripe or at least a new sphincter, can one of you tell me the differences between the M249 and the C9? I noticed that your light MG has one more firing mode: "adverse". Are there any other differences? Do you guys have two or three in every squad?

Do you also have a bigger light MG like our M240G (or previously the M60) in 7.62 NATO?

I shoulda taken more photos of myself and the things I did when I was on active duty. I never thought anyone would care, but now that I'm out, I see that not very many people realize what we actually do/did in the military.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    Ummm, yeah, and before Coldbore ends up with one less stripe or at least a new sphincter, can one of you tell me the differences between the M249 and the C9? I noticed that your light MG has one more firing mode: "adverse". Are there any other differences? Do you guys have two or three in every squad?

Do you also have a bigger light MG like our M240G (or previously the M60) in 7.62 NATO?

I shoulda taken more photos of myself and the things I did when I was on active duty. I never thought anyone would care, but now that I'm out, I see that not very many people realize what we actually do/did in the military.
    Cing,

The 240 and the C9 both have two firing modes....it is just a gas regulater which governs the rate of fire or "blowback" of the bolt. Typically there are two in each section or squad. One each for left and right flank. We have a heavier support weapon as well. The C6. A 7.62 mm GPMG or General purpose machine gun. The British currently use it as well and it is affectionatley called the "gimpy" by those fellas. Comparable fire power to the M-60. It can also be fitted with a SFK or Sustained Firing Kit which beleive it or not, can be used in an indirect fire mode.

It is one bitch of sucker to hump, but one hell of a good peice of kit to reach out and touch someone.....for a long time. Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first thing you'll notice Cinq in the differences of the 2 weapons....is the foreguards. The Canadian version has a plastic molded handguard with also contains a cleaning kit, the American version seem to be stamped out of metal.

Next difference, the C9 is fitted with the C79 optical scope with a 4 power zoom, it also has a glowing sight post inside which is handy for those low light conditions when you absolutley have to let someone know you mean buisness.

I'd like one with an M203 and a stinger strapped to the side....I'd be invincible
    Last edited by patorean; 09-10-2004 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patorean
    The first thing you'll notice Cinq in the differences of the 2 weapons....is the foreguards. The Canadian version has a plastic molded handguard with also contains a cleaning kit, the American version seem to be stamped out of metal.

Next difference, the C9 is fitted with the C79 optical scope with a 4 power zoom, it also has a glowing sight post inside which is handy for those low light conditions when you absolutley have to let someone know you mean buisness.

I'd like one with an M203 and a stinger strapped to the side....I'd be invincible
    Optics on a machine gun? You crazy canucks....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ya, we'll over-invent the wheel if someone does stop us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    Optics on a machine gun? You crazy canucks....
    Well, I guess us crazy Yanks use 'em too:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coldbore, I was wondering if the guy who you are using in your avatar knows that you are doing so to self-promote yourself?
    Kind creepy

Since when do Carpenters conduct "Stalking Exercises"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did the links for the pics go? I was just getting warmed up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=patorean]Coldbore, I was wondering if the guy who you are using in your avatar knows that you are doing so to self-promote yourself?

The guy in the pic is me. It is a shrunk down version of a larger pic when I was in boot camp doing the stalking excersice. So I guess that means yes, he does know. If you question it, I can bring it in for you to see in person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=coldbore]
    Quote Originally Posted by patorean
    Coldbore, I was wondering if the guy who you are using in your avatar knows that you are doing so to self-promote yourself?

The guy in the pic is me. It is a shrunk down version of a larger pic when I was in boot camp doing the stalking excersice. So I guess that means yes, he does know. If you question it, I can bring it in for you to see in person.

Stalking excercise? Please elaborate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know where you get cammed up and go stalk your instructors. They are usually sitting somewhere looking for you, and your goal is to get in a kill shot without being spotted. Once you have off one shot(blank round), a ref (usually another instructor), comes over, without giving away your position, and you say where you were aiming and then you squeeze off another to confirm it. If you get off a 2nd, you win, go back to start point and try again.