Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you an idiot?

from http://www.nbc10.com/politics/3717093/detail.html

Heinz Kerry: Opponents Of Health Care Plan Are 'Idiots'
    Candidate's Wife Doesn't Mince Words

Teresa Heinz Kerry says "only an idiot" would fail to support her husband's health care plan.

But Heinz Kerry, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, told the (Lancaster) Intelligencer Journal that "of course, there are idiots."

Kerry's proposal includes health care subsidies for children, the unemployed, small companies and more; and government assistance to insurers and employers that keep premiums for workers down.

If Kerry is elected, Heinz Kerry predicts that opponents of his health care plan will be voted out of office. She says, "Only an idiot wouldn't like this."

Heinz Kerry stumped in Lancaster, Harrisburg and York on Wednesday, the third day of a four-day campaign swing through Pennsylvania.

On Thursday, she holds a roundtable discussion health care at a hotel in King of Prussia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Are you an idiot?

I'm an idiot...

I work hard to pay for my own healthcare. I certainly don't want to pay for the non-emergency healthcare of illegal immigrants, bums and career welfare families.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy _hit! That b_tch just completely changed my mind. While I may detest Bush and his religiously motiviated ideas I can't say that I'd appreciate having another president whose wife is such an annoying c_ _ t.

I too pay my own families health care costs and I DO NOT want to help pay for some crack addict's emergency room visits. Nor should I have to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickerman
    Holy _hit! That b_tch just completely changed my mind. While I may detest Bush and his religiously motiviated ideas I can't say that I'd appreciate having another president whose wife is such an annoying c_ _ t.
    I thought only old people were called coots.

Seriously though, vote for or against the candidates, not their spouses.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface
    Seriously though, vote for or against the candidates, not their spouses.
    I dunno about this... I think Senator Clinton showed that when you're voting for the candidate, you're also voting for the spouse and vice versa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold
    I'm an idiot...

I work hard to pay for my own healthcare. I certainly don't want to pay for the non-emergency healthcare of illegal immigrants, bums and career welfare families.
    Here here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The junior senator is a public official, as was her spouse. Both having public service records counts for something, I think.

Things that Kerry's wife says rank up there with things that his kids say and things that I say and things that you say. Interesting, perhaps, but certainly nothing to get in a twist over. :-)

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a candidates wife says something from the comfort of her home, that's one thing. What she said, she said on the campaign trail and therefore her words and actions are rightfully associated with the campaign. You can't roll your wife out as a prop and then disassociate yourself from her when she opens her yap and calls people with questions about your policies "idiots".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface
    The junior senator is a public official, as was her spouse.
    Yes, but when she was the First Lady, she was also proposing healthcare plans among other things. Whether you knew it or not, if you voted for President Clinton, you also voted for his wife and were forced to live with having her significant influence over our nation. You can use President Reagan and his wife's "just say no" campaign as another good example of the power of being the President's spouse...