Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go and have your head exploded already!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Go and have your head exploded already!!!

This usually occurs within an hour or two of falling asleep, but is not the result of a dream.
    I've never had this noise happen, but y'know what happens to me occasioinally (maybe once every month or so?) after I've fallen asleep? I'm guessing it's something to do with my inner ear, but just as I've drifted to sleep, I get the sensation that my bed has suddenly dropped like three feet. Like freefall for a very short distance. It always wakes me up, and there's never any "impact" sensation, just the falling feeling. Weird...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CingularDuality
    I've never had this noise happen, but y'know what happens to me occasioinally (maybe once every month or so?) after I've fallen asleep? I'm guessing it's something to do with my inner ear, but just as I've drifted to sleep, I get the sensation that my bed has suddenly dropped like three feet. Like freefall for a very short distance. It always wakes me up, and there's never any "impact" sensation, just the falling feeling. Weird...
    Wow! I get a similar sensation every once in a while. I can even feel it if I'm sitting at my desk in the same position for a while. I can actually sustain the freefall for long periods and it gets to a point where it's more of a floating off-balance feeling. Wierd.
    New to TG? Start here!

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get off of the drugs?

It happens to me once in awhile too (usually while laying down). I asked a doctor about it once and he said it was something to do with the inner ear adjusting to the change of body postioning... but he's a doctor. They dont know anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    get off of the drugs?
    Damn...I was afraid you'd say that.
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually had the same thing happen a few times. The first time it ever happened I was camping outside of Cedar Point in Ohio (huge Roller-Coaster park for those who don't live in the north-eastern US) after spending all day on the rides and just attributed it to that. Since then (10 years or more) it has only happened to me a handfull of times, and every time was when I was way over-tired when I went to sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that happens to most people.

Does anyone remember Theme Hospital? One of many quality Bullfrog games, it featured patients with inflated head syndrome and you had to get a deflator machine to pop it.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

www.MakePovertyHistory.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto, although for me, it's usually just that I feel like I'm lying on a strange incline. I sleep on my side a lot, so I stopped finding it weird after I found out that human balance is fluid-based.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Go and have your head exploded already!!!

i must now say a quote from strongbad. the mighty. "Your Head A-Splode"