Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demos: Glidejumping and Bunnyhopping

These are two demos of a very long session on ns_nothing, in which both bunnyhopping and glidejumping are discussed and practiced in detail. Glidejumping was covered in a map before this demo, but it's also covered toward the end of this map (in the HLTV demo, as the first-person demo ends before glidejumping is discussed).

One demo is HLTV and offers no voice communications but does allow you to change your camera at whim. The other demo is of my first-person experience (thanks, amx_demo), which includes voice communications (and much of the spoken knowledge transfer) but does not allow you to change which character you're watching.

NEITHER OF THESE DEMOS IS A PRESENTATION. They're simply recorded and offer footage to review. As a matter of fact, my first person demo ends significantly sooner than the HLTV demo because I had to change the map and forgot to resume my personal demo.

http://1and1.digitalcreations.cc/ns3.0/jumping.exe

I wish more of my first-person experience were available, as the spoken word is powerful as you try to understand glidejumping, but at least this is better than nothing.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Demos: Glidejumping and Bunnyhopping

Extract both of those demos into your NS mod directory.

Then issue console commands in NS:

viewdemo filename.dem

OR

playdemo filename.dem

The 'viewdemo' command seems to allow you to move (FF, REV) within the demo. The 'playdemo' command lacks this, but my client garbled the voicecomms of the first-person demo when played with 'viewdemo,' while 'playdemo,' which does not allow you to move within the demo, played the voices flawlessly.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.