Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Fighting in the Forums

In the Sandbox in particular I see threads become down right nastie some times. This is inevitable as you get many opinionated people discussing Issues that are importiant to them. I also see people who have lambasted by each other in the forums playing together ingame with great team work friendship and loyalty. I hope every one can take the attitude that this is not a personal attack but often a heart felt discussion of beliefs and attitudes. One of the first Threads I started =Jex= Posted an opintion that was contrary to mine and we both layed it on thicker and heavier as we went. It got agressive and Jex seemed the odd man out. In other threads him and I have been on the same side as some one else was in the box. He is still one of my favorite people to play with. In the sand box or in the JO arena. I am making this post to remind every one that getting roasted in the forums Is something that is part of the game, same as getting shot in JO or GR. If you don't want to get shot keep your head down and your mouth shut. Or join the rest of us loud mouths and jump in and have a good fight. There is no one in this community I have met that I don't like, altough some of you have given me reason to chew on the corners of my desk from time to time.
    Thank you to every one for letting me be a part of this community. When ever I invite any one to come here they comment on how friendly every one is. Havok and I played JO with the TE guys the other day. He commented to me at how they welcomed him into the game as if he were an old friend. This is what makes us a great community, not our shared tactics or beliefs but our ability to go at it tooth and nail and then buy the oposition a cold one(pepsi please)after it is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Fighting in the Forums

Quote Originally Posted by NewsWrthy
    In the Sandbox in particular I see threads become down right nastie some times. This is inevitable as you get many opinionated people discussing Issues that are importiant to them. I also see people who have lambasted by each other in the forums playing together ingame with great team work friendship and loyalty. I hope every one can take the attitude that this is not a personal attack but often a heart felt discussion of beliefs and attitudes. One of the first Threads I started =Jex= Posted an opintion that was contrary to mine and we both layed it on thicker and heavier as we went. It got agressive and Jex seemed the odd man out. In other threads him and I have been on the same side as some one else was in the box. He is still one of my favorite people to play with. In the sand box or in the JO arena. I am making this post to remind every one that getting roasted in the forums Is something that is part of the game, same as getting shot in JO or GR. If you don't want to get shot keep your head down and your mouth shut. Or join the rest of us loud mouths and jump in and have a good fight. There is no one in this community I have met that I don't like, altough some of you have given me reason to chew on the corners of my desk from time to time.
    Thank you to every one for letting me be a part of this community. When ever I invite any one to come here they comment on how friendly every one is. Havok and I played JO with the TE guys the other day. He commented to me at how they welcomed him into the game as if he were an old friend. This is what makes us a great community, not our shared tactics or beliefs but our ability to go at it tooth and nail and then buy the oposition a cold one(pepsi please)after it is over.
    Hear Hear! Good read NewsWrthy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

!! Bah!! I Hate Everyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewsWrthy
    I hope every one can take the attitude that this is not a personal attack but often a heart felt discussion of beliefs and attitudes.
    Therin lies the problem.
    Many are absolutely unwilling to look at any view but their own, and if you contradict it, you are devil-spawn. If everyone would just take a breath and try to see the other side of the discussion, you might learn a thing or two. Relax, chill out, put your personal views and opinions out for all to see, but if you do, expect that at least one person is not going to agree. That's the beauty of it, that we have so many different views on any given subject. I've learned a lot just reading here, and appreciate those that are willing to back their discussion up with fact, rather than just feelings. Rock on TG

:edit: I love you too Gaz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GAZ
    !! Bah!! I Hate Everyone
    you beat me to it.

yeah, we all get the bent-out-of-shapes from time to time.

that jerk phyllis is the worst....

but it is nice to want to hit someone in the sandbox then have their 6 in game...
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by =DdogG=
    that jerk phyllis is the worst....
    No kiddin...someone needs do do something about that guy !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phyllis
    you are devil-spawn.
    But that is true!!!!!