User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#nsguides training session

http://www.natural-selection.org/for...howtopic=81411

I plan to be in our Teamspeak server's Half-Life channel when I view this. Anyone interested in coming along is welcome.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: #nsguides training session

May or may not be able to make it --- record a demo!
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did they mention what will be part of the training??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be the basics (and some advanced) of everything. This is a trial run to see how it actually works out with people using the program, and will probably change after this. I'll post more info in that thread on ns.org tonight after I get back online at home later tonight/early tomorrow morning (putting together my modular desk has taken 2 afternoons so far, almost done with it, gg 1 ton desk).

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a reminder about this.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's where the event is taking place. Join the Teamspeak server if you like.

The password is 'guides'
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 09-26-2004 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, All in all the session was good, except for the delay because of a server not being available.

Also, I'd like to point out how rude the "leader" of #nslearn was to both his members and people in there for learning.
    Coming into the server and threatening everyone with a ban... one word for you... ASS.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made my exit when I saw the confrontation starting. Drama and "skilled" players go hand in hand. The session was well done. That's not to say it couldn't have been better. I'm all for reinforcing what I know, but, considering how little I learned that I didn't already know, I'll likely not attend another session unless there is a posted agenda beforehand.

While it seemed that this session did have some planning with regard to high-level topics, it also seemed (only at time) like the instructors were rambling as much as they were instructing or lecturing. Like I say, that probably works pretty well if what they're going on about seems new.

I was grateful for the session and the effort they put into it, and I made that gratefulness known before I left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was only around for like 5-10 minutes when Adj started talking about commanding. Informative for real newbies to the game, but not a whole lot that veterans don't already know. Definately something that can be useful, although, maybe it was just when i was on, but didn't seem like a whole lot of people were there...least to learn. Seemed like half of the people there spectating were TG people. /shrug

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactical Gamer regulars definately showed the most support for the event, and for Adj.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
    Tactical Gamer regulars definately showed the most support for the event, and for Adj.
    GO LEFTY!

I was going to point out to the guy that asked -- TG has some of the best NS teamwork outside of clans that I've ever seen. And we know how to have fun, too! Jane wouldn't let me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid
    GO LEFTY!
    Curiosity has the best of me...I obviously missed a joke or something, but is that a lefty as in left-handed players or something else that I probably don't want to know about? :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Krueger
    Curiosity has the best of me...I obviously missed a joke or something, but is that a lefty as in left-handed players or something else that I probably don't want to know about? :P
    This time it's nothing sinister (this time!):

Adj is left handed - it was our cheer of support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid
    This time it's nothing sinister (this time!):

Adj is left handed - it was our cheer of support.
    He is! Hah...in all my years of playing games, I think this is the first time I've met someone else who actually mentioned they were left handed...awesome, I'm not alone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast