Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking for hardware that'll...

Im looking for two pieces of hardware here.
    First i want something that will let me play my computer music on my stereo. Is there such thing? my stereo has a 'video/aux' opinion.. anyone know whats up with that.

Second im looking for something that would let you play consoles on a computer monitor.
    whatever you can find would be awesome
    jack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: looking for hardware that'll...

I have a viewsonic TVTuner that uses a computer monitor to display svideo/ coax/ composite/ computer signal. It comes with a remote and no computer is needed to watch tv or a vhs or a dvd. It has a built in tv tuner, so you can basically use an old 15" monitor for an extra tv.

the audio from your computer can easily be ported to your computer through the speaker output from your sound card. go to radio shack and get a 1/8" to rca converter... I have like 15 of them, so if you want the viewsonic (still has box/ manuals/ etc) I'll throw that converter in there for you as well......

this is what I have:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...116-001&depa=0

and:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=274%2D369
    (except mine is a wire)
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by =DdogG=
    I have like 15 of them, so if you want the viewsonic (still has box/ manuals/ etc) I'll throw that converter in there for you as well......
    uhmm.. works and all i guess.. I read the reviews on new egg for the product.. all of the were good except the one who tryied to play consoles.. maybe he had a bad product..
    uh, how much?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 total..... s/h included....... ship ups ground insured..

I used this for 3 or 4 months as a second tv and I loved it. It has sat in its box in storage otherwise. Great quality and easy to use.... mine is obviously used, but it is in perfect working condition. all cables and such will be included, and I'll throw in the extra converter as well....... I have no use for it now that I have an internal unit.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i play ps2, n64,nintendo,ect on my pc. i got the ati tv card (not the one on the video card, but you buy this pci card seperatly)though i wish to know how to get tv resolution though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turtle Beach sound card supports direct output to a stereo, is a great 5.1 digital surround card and can be easily had for less than $80 without even looking hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage
    Turtle Beach sound card supports direct output to a stereo, is a great 5.1 digital surround card and can be easily had for less than $80 without even looking hard.
    any sound card will output to a stereo. he doesnt need a sound card. he need the rca connection.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dog, at the moment i still have computer pieces to buy (gotta finish my 64 bit ) So, thanks for the offer and thanks for finding the hardware, but at the moment i dont think i can buy it. I'll PM you if im interested again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not goin anywhere.... Im not trying to sell it, but you needed something I could easily spare... let me know.... no hurry.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not goin anywhere.... Im not trying to sell it, but you needed something I could easily spare... let me know.... no hurry.

yeah, i'll just have to go.. outside of my room, downstairs to play my consoles... eww, scary thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any sound card will output to a stereo. he doesnt need a sound card. he need the rca connection.
    Yeah, I know...I meant (but didn't actually say) that it uses digital output. Which not all cards do, but most of the higher-end cards do.