Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Widowmaker

Invite To Play CS!

Hey TG,
    I know some of you out their still play CS. I play at a a great comunity called CS Without The BS or CSxBS no granted we arent a tachtical community we do have alot of fun everynight till the wee hours fragging each other senceless.

The Guys at CSxBS have the same attitude that TG that they want to have a Nice Gaming comunity where people can come and have fun playing CS> No Awps though we have banned the Awps, Sheilds and Repeating Sniper Rifle. Although we do play a few Awp based Maps souch as Monopoly and L33tsk33t.

We have quiet of few really good Players and two clans -=[L]=- Wich is the server owners clan and -=MOF=- The Players Clan as well as of regulars including myself every night. So if ya still play CS and want to have some fun on a friendly server come check us out....

CSxBS:63.208.74.67:27015 24 man server

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Invite To Play CS!

nice server

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've played there a few times. Always had fun.

Only one thing bugs me. If I remember correctly, they have FF turned off, right? I think it is a setting that drastically changes tactics and how the game feels, so I always like it on. But still, fun group of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

terrible pings there as always.......
    From Adam Webb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, your in the UK, right? I can live with 130-160 ping actually... gives you the advantage rather than disadvantage. Sometimes I even emulate 56k through my cable modem JUST to get the edge. I do like low pings though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well yes, but xlii didnt have horrible lag when having a 140 ping, TG had lag with 140 ping, and well, CSxBS is absolutely TERRIBLE for packetloss and choke even at only 160 ping.

fact is with HL code, you can play with a 500 ping if its stable and gets 0 packetloss.......
    From Adam Webb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,
    I'm actually an admin from CSxBS Monolyth <|L|> is my full name, Widow told me he made a post here, not because we don't have enuff people at our server (actually most of the time we have too many hehe). He had mentioned you guys were having some ping issues on our server more specifically choke and loss, I would like to invite you to come back. We were tweaking some settings during that time as well as trying out some different plugins, which could have had an affect on performance.

So come on back, let us know on the forums www.csxbs.com what you think.

I would like to apologize to TG if you consider this advertisement, I know we discourage that sort of thing on our forums and in our server, so if you would like me to remove links and such lemme know.

Peace outage, and happy fragging
    Wang!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monolyth
    Hey guys,
    I'm actually an admin from CSxBS Monolyth <|L|> is my full name, Widow told me he made a post here, not because we don't have enuff people at our server (actually most of the time we have too many hehe). He had mentioned you guys were having some ping issues on our server more specifically choke and loss, I would like to invite you to come back. We were tweaking some settings during that time as well as trying out some different plugins, which could have had an affect on performance.

So come on back, let us know on the forums www.csxbs.com what you think.

I would like to apologize to TG if you consider this advertisement, I know we discourage that sort of thing on our forums and in our server, so if you would like me to remove links and such lemme know.

Peace outage, and happy fragging
    welcome to TG.

about ping/choke/loss,

when i first played on the server it was great playing with old pals from here, and new players from CSxBS, because they seemed alittle more tactical than the normal BS you see on pubs. But i think my major issue back then was the server had soooooo many plugins, and i think it was 24 player limit, that once it got over 18 players it was impossible to hit anything. Hopefully as you say its been tweaked now so it will be good

I can live with a "bad ping" (140-160) to american servers, if anything im used to it due to playing here so long until it died....im not used to the 20-30 ping i get on UK servers anymore! lol maybe i will play a few rounds soon....more cannon fodder for you
    From Adam Webb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems like it turned into a normal cs arguement.........
    From Adam Webb