Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

National Weather Service Alert !

Weather Alert !

The National Weather Service has issued a warning for yet another catastrophic hurricane following on the heels of Ivan and Jeanne. The path of this hurricane zigs and zags, and is therefore highly unpredictable.

Experts predict that this one will cause the most damage to the United States that we have experienced in four years.

They are naming this one Hurricane Kerry. Be advised, the only way for citizens to protect themselves is by hiding behind a Bush.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: National Weather Service Alert !

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read a report that said that the storm may or may not have WMDs.... we better invade just in case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah let's just wait 'till after the fact then criticize the decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i reslly hope bush wins. what if they DID have wmd's? they said they did, so we took it into our own hands. if we had been nuked by them, the people would then critisize him for NOT taking action. The blind people who oppose the war need to open thier eyes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can play what-if all day, but so far what-is isn't particularly heartening.

NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

better safe than sorry. better take down the threat rather than lose 4,000,000+ people due to not taking action.

in my eyes, as well as many people in my area, are glad he made the decesion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    better safe than sorry. better take down the threat rather than lose 4,000,000+ people due to not taking action.

in my eyes, as well as many people in my area, are glad he made the decesion
    You're not alone, Sniper. Most of our country feels this way...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We ousted a leader of a sovereign nation who was hiding in a box in the dirt on the basis of weapons that have thus far not materialized. GG us.

Meanwhile, the guy who successfully executed a plan to topple buildings on American soil and kill thousands of civilians is still roaming free.

But hey, we got Cat Stevens!

Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface
    We ousted a leader of a sovereign nation who was hiding in a box in the dirt on the basis of weapons that have thus far not materialized. GG us.

Meanwhile, the guy who successfully executed a plan to topple buildings on American soil and kill thousands of civilians is still roaming free.

But hey, we got Cat Stevens!
    Saddam was violating a cease fire on a war he started.

Tell the families of those SOC warriors in Afghanistan right now that we are not sacrificing to find Osama.

F*** Cat Stevens
    New to TG? Start here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USN_Squid
    Saddam was violating a cease fire on a war he started.

Tell the families of those SOC warriors in Afghanistan right now that we are not sacrificing to find Osama.

F*** Cat Stevens
    I'm not going to tell the famililes of soldiers in Afghanistan anything. We're looking, alright, that I don't doubt. But I find it odd that we have about 18,000 troops in Afghanistan looking for the man who leads the group that committed an ACTUAL terrorist attack on United States Soil, while we have about 170,000 troops in southwest Asia to reconstruct an oil-rich nation in our image.

But then, I'm one of those silly people who think that the "National Guard" was supposed to guard OUR nation, so there's a grain of salt for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But then, I'm one of those silly people who think that the "National Guard" was supposed to guard OUR nation, so there's a grain of salt for you.
    Here's how the National Guard describes its mission:

from http://www.arng.army.mil/About_Us/

The Army National Guard (ARNG) is one component of The Army (which consists of the Active Army, the Army National Guard and the Army Reserves.) The Army National Guard is composed primarily of traditional Guardsmen -- civilians who serve their country, state and community on a part-time basis (usually one weekend each month and two weeks during the summer.) Each state, territory and the District of Columbia has its own National Guard, as provided for by the Constitution of the United States.

The National Guard has a unique dual mission that consists of both Federal and State roles. For state missions, the governor, through the state Adjutant General, commands Guard forces. The governor can call the National Guard into action during local or statewide emergencies, such as storms, fires, earthquakes or civil disturbances.

In addition, the President of the United States can activate the National Guard for participation in federal missions. Examples of federal activations include Guard units deployed to Bosnia and Kosovo for stabilization operations and units deployed to the Middle East and other locations in the war on terrorism. When federalized, Guard units are commanded by the Combatant Commander of the theatre in which they are operating.
    So where was everyone pitching hissy fits when the National Guard was deployed for tours in Bosnia and Kosovo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to tell the famililes of soldiers in Afghanistan anything. We're looking, alright, that I don't doubt. But I find it odd that we have about 18,000 troops in Afghanistan looking for the man who leads the group that committed an ACTUAL terrorist attack on United States Soil, while we have about 170,000 troops in southwest Asia to reconstruct an oil-rich nation in our image.
    I'm quoting this guy cause he's smarter than me, but I agree with this statement completely:

To be sure, American resources are not infinite, and you could argue that there are CIA operatives and the like who are working in Iraq who instead should be in Afghanistan. "But the United States has a lot of interests," and, in the case of the War on Terror, "the thigh bone is connected to the hip bone." To say that one should tackle al Qaeda but not Iraq is like saying that "we should not have fought Germany because we were fighting Japan"; or that, in the Cold War, "we should have let Berlin go and kept them out of Cuba. Life is a little more complex."

Granted, Clark, along with many others, refuses to see any connection between the regime of Saddam Hussein and terror. But that is a question of educability, and probably of blind political partisanship. Says this senior administration official, "Consider state support for terrorism: We have gotten Afghanistan and Iraq out of the business. More and more it appears that Libya is out of the business. Sudan used to be a base; it is no longer." The loss of these states is a blow to al Qaeda, dangerous though it still is.

And what of the charge that the U.S. Army could somehow be deployed against al Qaeda (instead of wasting time and lives in Iraq)? Sadly, al Qaeda is a different kind of foe, to be fought mainly in the shadows. As the official asks, "How could we have 'saved' the 82nd Airborne for al Qaeda? Where does General Clark plan to put the First Infantry in the fight against al Qaeda? This is really a classic twilight struggle" (a phrase memorably applied to the Cold War by President Kennedy).

edit:
    added that last paragraph
    New to TG? Start here!