Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg uncomment the hitboxes lol

Quote Originally Posted by joev
    The code that Max and/or XP-Cagey wrote to deal with skulk hitboxes and hitboxes in general was commented out! The standard HL engine funcs for traceline were being used! This is why Fade was screwed!

I changed the code to use our version and It appears in my testing to work perfectly.

I think it was not used originally because some event was coming up (NS-LAN in NYC perhaps?) at which Charlie was going to be testing a build and the guys deemed it too much of a risk to allow that untested code in, so it was commented out and was subsequently forgotten about!

Now *all* hitboxes perform as expected and the crouched fade can be shot pretty much anywhere on the model (allowing for about a 5% visual disparity)

You can even shoot thru the Onos's legs and not hit him
    As a developer myself, this made me laugh out loud. Soooo much frustration due simply to an oversight.

http://www.natural-selection.org/bt/...bug_id=0000573

Oh well, here's to b6.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: omg uncomment the hitboxes lol

Oh........my........god..........

I am guilty of this also lol, that is great.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats the username/password on that site?

So this should make the fade not as strong, eh

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this mean no more getting killed around corners?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guest/guest works jackel.

To answer your question ender, no I don't think it is. That is a netcode issue that involves the half life engine itself if I am not mistakened. In fact it probably means more deaths since crouching fade should be more likely to get hit now hehe.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Polska is correct.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Means skulks will actually freaking die when you shoot them, and I think cagey had written new code for hitbox rotation for skulks. This is probably what's commented out, as well as other changes.

Emanon

Makes you wonder if there are other problems like this elsewhere.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting update on this bug, lately. Take a read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they will probably end up giving fade more HP to compensate for the better hitboxes (like they did to onos in 3.0)

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackjackel
    they will probably end up giving fade more HP to compensate for the better hitboxes (like they did to onos in 3.0)
    What is your source for this information?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing I could see for a fade is MAYBE 25 armor points, but any more than that, and its just overkill.
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?