Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks to be a Democrat right now....

I am finding this hilarious.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/30/bush.economy/index.html

They blamed Bush for the economy going downhill (even though there is plenty of evidence out there that shows that the econmy was going downhill when President Clinton was in office) and now that the economy is starting to perk up, they still bash him because of it.

Hasn't anyone pointed out that created jobs in October outnumber jobs lost in October yet? That shows an economy on the rebound....

but it doesn't look good for them since they been beating up Bush on the economy since the entire primary campaigning started....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never understood how anyone could associate themselves with a party. They're all go-tards.

Spectre
    I'm a flintlock toting, tricorn and cumberbun wearing Son of Liberty, and if some Tory slime wants to take my freedoms away, they're just gonna have to sail over here and try to do something about it!!!

Spectre
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal
    Trust me the economy is NOT getting better. Maybe up there with those fat rich poloticians but not in downhome America. There are MANY factories and jobs shutting down/leaving in my area. I would like to see twhere these stats are from.

Politicians and their ilk are all crooked and everything that is wrong with America.
    Thats it...time to show these Tory Bastards we're not gonna take it anymore!!!!

We'll gather the men and toss the tea into the harbor!! That'll show those Tory bastards who's in charge!!!

After tossing the tea, we'll gather in protest in towne square with our rifles. No red-coated son of a bitch is going to take my money without a fight!

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL

Sean, you do know your location says "Soviet Onion" right?

Spectre
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    LOL

Shh...it's to fool the Enemy...

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ender_
    LOL

Shh...it's to fool the Enemy...

ahhhh.... lol

Emanon
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal
    Trust me the economy is NOT getting better. Maybe up there with those fat rich poloticians but not in downhome America. There are MANY factories and jobs shutting down/leaving in my area. I would like to see twhere these stats are from.

Politicians and their ilk are all crooked and everything that is wrong with America.
    America is a big place, In my small town which is so small that it can never become a city has 4-8 new commercial/stores projects starting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no no

Ok..economy is getting worse and more and more ppl are getting less and less money cause he is digging into other funds to fund the bull**** post-war **** over there in iraq. He is gonna throw the us back into another great depression if he isnt de-throned and stopped. And yes im a democrat from texas and according to one dude democrats=commies..well if thats true then i am a commie. Look at all the bull**** about stuff happening here in texas. Republicans are trying to take over and get an edge in the seats in congress. They wanna get more seats so they can have nopthing but republicans as presidents from now on and get every law they want passed...passed. They are money hungry bastards..(sorry for my language). In my opinion if you are a republican you are a fruit

Spectre

Re: no no

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomLord
    Ok..economy is getting worse and more and more ppl are getting less and less money cause he is digging into other funds to fund the bull**** post-war **** over there in iraq. He is gonna throw the us back into another great depression if he isnt de-throned and stopped. And yes im a democrat from texas and according to one dude democrats=commies..well if thats true then i am a commie. Look at all the bull**** about stuff happening here in texas. Republicans are trying to take over and get an edge in the seats in congress. They wanna get more seats so they can have nopthing but republicans as presidents from now on and get every law they want passed...passed. They are money hungry bastards..(sorry for my language). In my opinion if you are a republican you are a fruit
    Republicans are refered to as the RIGHT for a reason...

Considering your apparent knowledge (or lack of it) on economic matters, I'll shy away from that subject for now. As everything you've said seems to be what I hear from most ignorant, card carrying "Democrats." ( Read as: "People who don't think for themselves and only regurgitate what they hear on the nightly news like Parrots")

I'm a Republican, and far as I can tell, I'm a protein-based organism...not a Guava or Pineapple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion if you are a republican you are a fruit
    You know people would be more willing to listen to your arguements if you didn't insult those that disagree with your opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok..economy is getting worse and more and more ppl are getting less and less money cause he is digging into other funds to fund the bull**** post-war **** over there in iraq.
    Um, people are not getting less money. He has lowered taxes so the government is taking in less money. The economy, for the most part, is run by consumer spending and business, not the government.

He is gonna throw the us back into another great depression if he isnt de-throned and stopped.
    Actually we were just in a regression and currently it looks like the economy is on the upswing. Labor reports show more jobs being created than jobs loss. Hopefully that will continue.

And yes im a democrat from texas and according to one dude democrats=commies..well if thats true then i am a commie. Look at all the bull**** about stuff happening here in texas. Republicans are trying to take over and get an edge in the seats in congress. They wanna get more seats so they can have nopthing but republicans as presidents from now on and get every law they want passed...passed.
    Even if a state has mostly Republicans in the legislation, that doesn't mean the state is going to vote Republican in a Presidential election. Do some research into the voting process and the electorial (sp?) college then come back and lets argue about Presidential voting and strategies.

As for the redistricting that is going on in Texas, when was the last time it was done there? Redistricting is a great way to make sure that A) the districts reflect the state's popluation makeup and B) making sure that politicians are reflecting what the citizens want. Also, any redistricting plan has to be approved by the courts to insure that there is no voter discrimination going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B) making sure that politicians are reflecting what the citizens want
    If you ask anyone here in texas it is not what the citizens want. They are doing what they want and to hell with everyone else.
    There is a huge minority population here in texas (mexicans, asians, african americans, and arabs). They all disagree with politicans and what they are doing. Newspapers and such can even prove it. Republicans are out to get control and nothing else here. FFS in cities around my town (austin) they are all banning smoking in public places (resteraunts, bars, parking lots, buisnesses, ect...)..and the mayors of the towns are REPUBLICANS. They didnt even listen to the publics opinion on it. Seriously..they didnt and they went ahead anyways and passed a smoking ban. They are also trying to take gun control rights and such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But.... wait a second here, phantomlord.

You're saying what is happening is not what the people want. You're saying the mayors of the towns are Republicans.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the mayor become the mayor by being *elected* by the citizens of the town? Meaning, the majority of citizens in each district chose of their own free will a Republican mayor- correct?

So, if it isn't the way you like it, when elections roll around, you know who not to vote for. If the majority of citizens agree with you as you say, the mayor sure as hell isn't gonna be a mayor for long.

Spectre
    B) making sure that politicians are reflecting what the citizens want
    FFS in cities around my town (austin) they are all banning smoking in public places (resteraunts, bars, parking lots, buisnesses, ect...)..and the mayors of the towns are REPUBLICANS. They didnt even listen to the publics opinion on it. Seriously..they didnt and they went ahead anyways and passed a smoking ban. They are also trying to take gun control rights and such.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the DEMOCRATS the ones who want to ban smoking in public places and remove the right to bear arms??? Considering the entire premise of the Republican party is smaller government and more personal freedom, it seems a bit backwards.
    If you could post some links to your local newspapers, I'd be more than interested to read some of these stories.

wait wait wait...You said "Trying to take gun control rights and such."

What does that mean???? "Take gun rights" or "Remove gun control measures?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast