Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Thread: Invalid CD Key

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invalid CD Key

While I'm at it... anyone know how I can get a new CD Key? I guess my key has been pirated maybe or have I have purchased a pirated version?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Invalid CD Key

Where did you buy your game at? In a store or from a friend? If you bought it from a store, you can take it back, if you bought it from a friend, you may be out of luck. I tried to burn a copy for someone, but they could not find a CD code that worked for online. It allowed you play single player, but not on-line.
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the retailer wont help you maybe EA will. I know some publishers will give you another key as long as you can prove you have a purchased copy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if its EA game then, or published by them then they will send you another key as long provide an image of the cd case with the key on it.

Treat this case as you would if you would have purchased something from walmart and you have the receipt, what will walmart do, same thing EA will or should do. Product has been purchased, customer has the prove of purchase, product returned or replaced, done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Invalid CD Key

This is a common prob. I've had it a few times. It is allegedly not from a pirated key, but a BFV misdirect to the registry value. Goto your BFV directory and into the eReg folder there is a file called Battlefield Vietnam_code. Open the file, re-enter your CD key and you should be fine. You can also manually edit the registry, but this is obviously a lot easier.