User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.04 Steam Installer

http://www.natural-selection.org/for...howtopic=84200

Any interest in having occasional "1.04 Days" on TG? I prefer 3.0 to 1.04 overall but I'd really like to play it again once in a while for old time's sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 1.04 Steam Installer

OMG I CALL GORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 1111111111111111111111

And it'll be funneh to watch people struggle with the shotgun. And hive 3 abilities that don't suck...and 2 minute hives. and being able to build 2 hives at once and pray one of them survives. AND OMG! Alien usable phase gates. and a completely different tech tree. And no fancy easy commanding either! Oh yes...it'll be fun once in a while (not every week tho!)

EDIT: I also forgot teh infamous marine crouch hotbox problem! And silly onos hitboxes! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and teh cool sensory ability that lets marines glow in the dark with your flashlight! And %age based cloaking rather than time. and no AoE movement/sensory effects. and uber D healing rates. and no focus. and scent of fear that only sees wounded marines. AND ENDLESS GL SPAM (clip loading armories), not being able to humpp the armory while its upgrading...don't think the bacon recalled dead marines back then either. LASER BEAM MIENS!!!!!!! infinite jetpacks! no electrification! and chained lifeform goodness. and the pimp alien res model (hence why I call gorge!) and no RFK (I don't think...its kinda been in and out...dun think it was in 1.04).

DUDE! 7 hour ns_nancy stalemates! OMG!!!!!!!! We're so playing 1.04 sometime.

EDIT 2: Oh yah! and GORGE HUNTING! Cause of the alien res model. so much fun.

EDIT 3: And no name hive, no ghetto walkway from marine spawn to mother interface, stairs from mess hall to cargo/mother interface. THREE res nodes in cargo hive area on ns_nothing. super-laggy ns_hera...no Comp Core to South Loop vents on eclipse...no ghetto pipes in triad...and the old eclipse marine spawn =). Revolving ns_bast door goodness. ns_caged didn't suck back then... (no double node). And no minimaps =)

EDIT 4: And teh uber welders. JP + Welder rush FOR THE WIN (because advanced armory isn't a pre-req), and cheap jetpacks (9 res). cheap mines (5 res for a pack of...5 I think!) 44 res fades, 100 res onoses, spike lerks! BABBLERS! fade bile bomb...no alien siege weapons (bile bomb was just a lot of damage), pathetically weak gorge spit...onos paralyze and primal scream. a charge that worked... UBER FPS-BASED LEAP! Could kill a heavy in a single leap! teleportation blink (get stuck in ceilings...but so much cooler than current blink).....what was the lerk's hive 3 ability?

EDIT 5: Doh, guess you can use the armory while its upgrading, cloaking is time-based, and 54 res fades I guess....I spose I started in 1.03 rather than 1.04 then...since I remember all that stuff :P
    Last edited by lordflametide; 10-29-2004 at 12:43 AM.
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Emanon

That armory bug appeared during 2.0x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lordflametide
    AND ENDLESS GL SPAM (clip loading armories), not being able to humpp the armory while its upgrading...don't think the bacon recalled dead marines back then either. LASER BEAM MIENS!!!!!!! infinite jetpacks! no electrification! and chained lifeform goodness. and the pimp alien res model (hence why I call gorge!) and no RFK (I don't think...its kinda been in and out...dun think it was in 1.04).
    endless gl spam was in 2.0.
    bacon only called dead marines, not ones in the field back to base.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endless spam is in 1.04 too...you just didn't see it a lot because there was no need to upgrade the armory and then spend 30 res (or 25...dunno) to give out a GL, when you could easily kill a hive with 14 res (JP + Welder).
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That armory bug appeared during 2.0x
    Its in the 1.04 patch notes that "You can now recieve ammo from the armory while it is upgrading." If it resurfaced in 2.0 as a bug, I wouldn't know...but it was present in 1.03. After the first three patches of 2.0, I quit playing. Stuff was just changing far too much for me to get any enjoyment out of it. There was what...like 30some patches for 2.0?
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muffin that was an awesome post. Brought back a lot of memories. Especially the 'OMG why are there two gorges.' Sooo 1.04.

We should definitely have 1.04 day. Definitely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember the 1.02 (1.0, too) days when motion tracking didn't work on Linux servers.

How about THEM apples?

Remember too that marines can bunnyhop backwards faster than a skulk can WALK in 1.0x!
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reloc to south loooop

hahah, double gorge strat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was so much better at old lerk flight....I *still* don't like the new one.
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old lerk was the greatest, you cannot argue that (maybe it wasnt that version I don't even remember). However bite + umbra was king, spikes was fun too long distance.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    Old lerk was the greatest, you cannot argue that (maybe it wasnt that version I don't even remember). However bite + umbra was king, spikes was fun too long distance.
    I realy like the old lerk cause you could umbra near the frontline, then fly backwards to get away when it got to hot. I died countless times in 3(?) when they completely took that away. I missed bite, but i miss spikes more.

Also, muff ( ), we may be talking about different bugs. In 2.0, the armory would load to your current clip/mag instead of adding clips/mags. So, you would just tap the armory and launch, rinse and repeat. It took no time to reload, nothing. It was great for lmg/hmg, but the implications for gl was too crazy, I guess. I am pretty sure that it appeared in 2.0. Someone back me up/correct me, I guess.

So do we have a server that can handle it? Maybe I'll have to re-tweek my client so that I can get 100fps all the time.
    --
    CaveDog
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else... we're all stocked up here."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question still remains unanswered...what was the old lerk's 3rd hive ability!?!?!?!?!

And yah...in 1.03, the armory loaded current clip first, then reserve. I thought it was in 1.04 too, but its in the patch notes so....dunno.
    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omg And Wyz The Skulk Commander Of Death!!!!!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played NS for a LONG time (like, a year.. it would seem) before the bug that Cavedog describes manifested itself in gameplay. I started playing in Oct '02. Draw what conclusions you will.

I was skulk commander of death due not to something variable between 1.04 the game and 3.0 the game, but rather due to one very important variable between 1.04 the mindset and 3.0 the mindset: people just didn't realize the full power of alien teamwork, not even on the TG server. The greatest thing is that we still today don't even realize it... it's what made this game great then and it's what makes this game great now: there's always room for improvement, both individually and collectively.

I can't say I share the enthusiasm for returning to 1.04. I look at it like cassette tape players: they served a need for their time and helped a lot of people have fun, but I see no need today for what they offer. I'm more than satisfied by their replacements.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast