User Tag List

Thread: DualDisc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DualDisc

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8616F700.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A new hybrid CD format that offers standard CD audio on one side and the enhanced media capabilities of a DVD on the other made its nationwide debut this week.....The DualDisc was designed to be compatible with most devices, including game consoles and personal computers.....Retailers are generally offering the new hybrid formats at prices comparable to standard audio CDs.
    With this type of content at the same price as audio CDs are currently going for, I might start buying albums again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DualDisc

hmm, and how is it different from a dvd or cd's? besides the obvious info stated, im just comparing the existing media to this, and trying to see a difference and any new benfit.

cd/dvd can be played on consoles and pcs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The difference is it's a CD and a DVD, one on each side. This way you can have your favourite band's latest album on one side with a video concert on the other side.
    JO Guides & Tutorials
    Team Element - It's who you game with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by =Sarc=
    The difference is it's a CD and a DVD, one on each side. This way you can have your favourite band's latest album on one side with a video concert on the other side.
    Yes, all for the price of a regular album. Right now, I think CDs are way overpriced. $15 for an album is too much for me to spend on any but my absolute favorite artists. Throw a live performance or a few music videos and some backstage footage on there and it becomes worth $15 again. For me, anyway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to get 10 or 20 rw style blank media of these.. get a bootable or autorun style cd on one side, a lot of misc. data and media on the other. or keep a whole bunch of iso's on the dvd side and just burn them as you need them to the cd side.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by =DdogG=
    I would love to get 10 or 20 rw style blank media of these.. get a bootable or autorun style cd on one side, a lot of misc. data and media on the other. or keep a whole bunch of iso's on the dvd side and just burn them as you need them to the cd side.
    I think this wouldn't likely be for consumers. If you want a bootable disc with misc. data, create a bootable DVD. No need to flip the disc to access the extra data. With ISO's on the DVD and CD-RW on the other side, it just creates a lot of disc flipping to get the data and burn the CD. It's better to put the images on a DVD and mount them on a virtual DVD-ROM drive.

The really cool thing is buying retail products using this. I bought an album with one audio disc and another DVD disc of live concert footage. It would be pretty cool to keep it all on one disc instead of two. I think the whole point is combining CD audio and DVD video together, not data on small capacity media and more data on large capacity media.
    JO Guides & Tutorials

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by =Sarc=
    The really cool thing is buying retail products using this. I bought an album with one audio disc and another DVD disc of live concert footage.
    Did that cost you closer to US$10-15 (CD price) or US$20-25 (DVD price)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was closer to DVD price. I treated it as a DVD video that happened to have a free audio CD, even though it was the other way around. You're right that it would be really worth it if it cost regular CD price and the convenience of it being on one disc.
    JO Guides & Tutorials

I am lost, if you know where I am then please feel free to tell me.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally the RIAA is trying to offer us good stuff.

If they actually do this with a band I like (IE willing to buy) then I will probably start to buy music again. As it is right now, its only pop music doing it.